Santander! Grrrrrrr!!!

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter bought her car herself through Santander, and I had to act as guarantor for her. Anyway, she decided to request a settlement figure over the phone and pay it off. I myself rang up and was guided through the myriad of choices to arrive at an automated payment system. I followed the prompts, entering the details from my daughters debit card, and at the end it said "There was a problem. Please hold whilst we transfer you to an advisor"

She came on and said that they couldn't take payment from a third party card, it had to be my card but she (my daughter) could pay by bank transfer. So I let my daughter speak to her to get their account details, and whilst they talked it became apparent to the advisor that Tanya was a joint owner of the debt, so could indeed pay on her card after all, and promptly took the details from her.

THE IDIOTS HAVE ONLY GONE AND TOOK THE PAYMENT TWICE!!!!!!!

Obviously it DID take it on the automated service. So I rang back to put a rocket up them. At the start of the call it tells you that calls are charged at 10p per minute. So, I get through all the carp of 'press one if you are an existing customer', 'press two if you are sick of your life...' etc etc. The message eventually says, "Please hold whilst we transfer you to an advisor"...[pause]..."I'm sorry but all our offices are now closed, our opening hours are......."

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

So you have just stung me for another 50p to tell me you've gone home and won't be back until Monday.

Is it any wonder that Santander came out top of banking complaints. Bunch of muppets

And I'll bet you any money they say it will take 30 days to process the refund. :no:

They do have a bad rep. Hope they haven't left you short of dosh over the weekend.