SANTA POD SUNDAY WILL I GET IN THE 15.00 S

S

shanejess

im hoping for a good run sunday ive run their dozens of times but never in a diesel, i was going to go in my 8L S3 but getting their and back and going up the strip would cost a fortune. im going in my company car A3 2.0TDI 170 ibis white black edition, its been maped by giac and feels quite strong i may be a bit optermistic with 15s im not sure, what times have any of you guys got in a diesel.

You should get into the 15's in your car, make sure you switch the traction / ESP off or else it will bog down.

I got 14.44 in the A3 but thats a 2.0T Quattro.

If you have a mate along for the day who can look after a few things while you run I would. Dump the spare, jack, and anything in the boot glovebox etc, getting drastic unbolt the rear seats put a few more PSI in the tyres and make your runs on less than 1/4 in the tank (fule = 1Kg per LT).

Alex

Leave the traction control on so it WILL bog down, my 178bhp Ibiza 1.9 TDi did Santa pod in 15.3 secs, if you wheel spin the diesel off the line then you'll stay in the 16's, you need it to bog down so that when it boosts, you just grip and all the torque flies you away, also drop the pressure in the tyres down to 25psi or so and also strop out the rear seats, spare wheel ect...
I did the 15.3 running 40psi and stretched tyres in my 'scene' days, got a very good launch though ;)