Santa Pod = loud

batwad

Reaction score
I work about two miles away from Santa Pod. According to their website, today and this weekend sees:
FIA "European Finals"
FIA European Drag Racing Championships including UEM Drag Bikes. Europe's most prestigious Drag Racing event with over 250 race teams inc. 300mph Top Fuel Dragsters, Top Methanol Dragsters and Funny Cars, Pro Mods, Pro Stock plus Drag Bikes and many supporting classes. Jet Car demos and track displays.
They're so loud, it sounds like they're right outside the window! I can only wonder what they must sound like close up. Good job it only takes them about four seconds to get down the strip!

Watching a jet engined drag car go down the strip is something! The sound, the noise, the heat from the after burner and the speed is quite amazing to see for real!!

jojo said:
Watching a jet engined drag car go down the strip is something! The sound, the noise, the heat from the after burner and the speed is quite amazing to see for real!!

Yep - I'll agree with that - I made the mistake of standing in the 'cow shed' behind the line when it set off! :tocktock:

100_0223-1.jpg

must be annoying
aaaaaaah.gif