1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same Registration on Different Cars

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by Wai-Fan, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

I've seen a few people who own different cars, but have the same number plate on each one. How is this possible? Do they have the cars registered as fleet vehicles or something???
  2. tku

tku Member

I have seen the same but the cars I have seen them on have been Isle of man plates I think...red badge with 3 legged person or something..mind you the cars were a bentley GT and a nissan GTR with the same plates. Rich git.
  3. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Its not possible, a single number plate can only be on one vehicle at any one time, it could just be that they have doctored the plate to make it look the same, eg a D made to look like an O...etc etc....
  4. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

Ehhhh weird. The guy who lives in our area has an Arnage, Range rover and a Lamborghini Countach all with same number plate! He's one of our customers, but I don't want to ask him how he does it lol.
  5. joshaudi

joshaudi New Member

If that's true its definitely illegal. You can only have 1 car on 1 registration.
  6. tku

tku Member

Im sorry guys but I'm with Wai-Fan here. I have 100% seen it on 2 cars and I seem to come across it everyday as the guy always parks same place. Isle of man plates so there must be a different rule for them unless its classed as trade plates or something? I seen the bentley and gtr constantly switched.
  7. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

i want photos!
  8. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

Try and see the tax disc...thatll settle it
  9. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Here is a photo with two cars with the same registration - H5DJR. One is my 2007 Sportback which I was trading in and the other was my new 2009 Sportback which I was collecting the following day. The dealer organises the transfer of the plate. Not strictly legal as the 2007 Sportback had, by this time, been given a replacement registration number but I leave it the dealer to prepare and fix the new plates.

[​IMG]