Same colour respray

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
I am just starting to get some
Prices back in to start refurbing some parts on my car, as I was informed by Audi during the week that the interior trim pieces I have ( fish scale alluminum) are no longer avalible and the stuff you come across on ebay is generally worse than mine I am awaiting a quote from " wicked coatings " to hydro dip these parts and most other parts I have new in the garage I turn my attention to the outside, she could do with a front and rear end respray so before I start touring body shops and finding one that is actually interested in something other than insurance patch ups my question is what should I expect to pay for a same colour respray?

Unfortunatly resprays aren't cheap at all. I've just been quoted £450 to respray the bonnet and tops if the wings on my fiancé's civic and that was at trade

I was thinking about £1500 would be nice, I know it's a lot for a car that's probably not worth much more but it's worth more than that to me, I need an estate for mountin biking but nothing out there floats my boat so to speak.

Reactions: sat1983 and BakPak
I think £1500 is a lot for a same colour respray.
I know what you mean regarding spending money on a vehicle that is only just worth the money you're throwing at it.
But if you look forward to jumping into the Audi like I do every morning then worth the cost mate.

Hopefully should be able to do it in budget then

My friend sorts resprays for around the £500 mark... just don't expect quality with anything under a grand.

If there's no damage, and you just want a to refresh the finish so to speak and get the scratches out, you could prep it yourself of your confident.

I'm a painter and panel beater by trade, and if you want a top finish £1k plus, but if you shop around, someone might I a decent fiddle job for £500-£1k

Have you tried flattening the paint and cutting it back to bring out the shine?

If there's no damage, and you just want a to refresh the finish so to speak and get the scratches out, you could prep it yourself of your confident.

I'm a painter and panel beater by trade, and if you want a top finish £1k plus, but if you shop around, someone might I a decent fiddle job for £500-£1k

Have you tried flattening the paint and cutting it back to bring out the shine?
There is no pannel damage but I do have slight bubbling on the o/s wheel arch whether it needs a new wing or not is another thing, I have been quoted around the £600 mark to fit a new wing then paint both wings, bonnet, bumper and blend into doors and around £300 to do the rear tailgate and rear bumper, I have sort of set aside £2,000- £2,500 to do all the jobs I want including new clutch and flywheel and cambelt & water pump (3rd one) I am quite lucky that the interior is very good and I refurbed the leather last year so should have a nice looking car again.

That sort of money should be enough, I couldn't justify it in my honest opinion, but good for you though mate.

£600 is a good price and even better if the work is top notch.

Ask your self, do you need the roof painting? This will save money, and if the painter is going to do the full front plus boot for £600 ish, you can imagine a full spray excluding the roof is going to be about £1k

Also, if the painter is close to your home, you could remove the trim yourself, I.e badges, side repeaters, and when you get to the paint shop remove the lights, bumpers, reg plates etc, this saving more money.

Reactions: mattyboyc
I can justify it in the way of what pile of crap could i buy for a couple of grand, I have owned my B6 since it was 2 1/2 years old and it was known to the family from new so know exactly what it has done, it has only ever been and continues to be worked on by one garage with the same mechanic, he is the boss and also a VW enthusiast so maitainence is no problem, the only problem now seems to be the lack of decent used parts avalible, ebay is full of crap and the dealers are now stopping to do lots of interior bits.