SAMCO

S4SIMON

Reaction score
Hi All
Have bought a new throttle body boot & F hose as preventative maintenance (and part of the continual, gradual bit-by-bit upgrading) on my 2000 S4.
They came without clips. Can I simply pop off the OE items and use whatever clips they were fitted with, or do I need to source specific ones for the Samco bits?

Also anyone with a good straight clean unscuffed OE Avus spare they want to get rid of, please pm me. Cambridge/Suffolk.

Thanks a lot

I would do an FHose/N249 delete when its all apart, rather than fitting the silicon Fhose.

I think its just jubilee clips on the TBB, F hose might have those single use clamps though so you'll need some suitably sized jubilees for that.

You might find that you need to trim the top of the TBB down.

Some of the Samco TBB's seem to have an oversized tube which the MAP sensor fits in. If it's too long, you won't be able to get your front engine cover back on.

Just make sure you don't trim it down so much that you can't get a clip on to hold the MAP sensor in place!

can anyone point me in the right direction for the s4 samco tbb sold seperately i'm just looking for bits and bobs for family to buy for my birthday next week and this fits in the right price range

no joy. i looked all over yesterday and only found american sites
i've defo seen one somewhere when i didnt want one

they have nothing listed but i think i've seen them mentioned in a post related to this i'll e mail them now while i'm thinking about it cheers.

i wonder if the OE part has been revised lately??? anyone know how much an audi one is?

QST have them in stock and selling for..are you sitting down??

£65 :wtf: for a few inches of rubber
$65 in the U.S
why do we get wallet raped in this country???

Yeah, I paid about £50 for it 3 years ago.

get yoursefl over to forge. they have there own silicon set up and they are just as good as Samco just cheaper!

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&catalog=siliconhoses

i'll have to email them as the only have unversal parts i cant see no tbb

it would be just as easy to go get some stainless exhaust tubing off cuts for free from the garage up the road and weld together a y-piece and use some hose connector sleeves and jubilee clips it would never tear or collapse then would it