Saloon luggage hooks in boot

I

imported_G4JSG

I wondered if anyone out there has fitted these to a car without the luggage option already supplied?

I have no points in the boot where I can tie down items in the boot, I have aksed the dealer if he can sell me the hooks that you get as part of the extra luggae kit but he can't get a part number.

I can see where they should go as there is a plastic pin in the boot where the hooks screw in.

So does anyone have a clue where to get them or if you can just add them in??? I would like to get one of thos enets for the boot to stop my stuff bouncing around, but would like to be able to remove the net easily for cleaning and access to the spare wheel.

Thanks
John

Firstly a quick apology. I thought I'd posted it here (and on other forums) but I missed this one!.

Here's the post I intended to make:

I've been after some hooks for the boot of my S4 to stop bags of shopping/takeaways etc falling over.

It seems you get these with the luggage pack but since I didn't have this I did some digging and came up with this :

Thanks to Fluffhead and SecureS4 in the US (on Audiworld) for their assistance.

These are the OE hooks and they automatically spring up when not in use.

Here's the full list of what you need to order :
Hook x 2 : 6Y5867615B41
Screw x 4 : N0139694
Speed nut x 4 : N0154373

The total cost (in the UK) was only £9.64 inc VAT

hook_bits.jpg

hook_holes.jpg

hook_fitted.jpg

hooks_net.jpg

I used a net I already had but the real one looks like this (I don't have the part number) :
DSC05330-vi.jpg

DSC05342-vi.jpg

Scotty,

Probably a stupid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif question but Whats those vent things in the side of your luggage area trim panels

They are .... vents! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

The one on the right is because the Bose amplifier is behind that panel. I don't know about the other side. It could be that all the air passes out through the rear parcel shelf in the boot and then out the car which would make sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Well if they should then Audi will be hearing from me cos my car doesn't.

i have marked areas in the boot lining where they might sit and also plastic pins that sit inside the area you might bolt them down.....and that's it.

I have the vents too, they are cooling vents for the amps.

John

It doesn't have folding seats. So do Audi make this difficult on purpose????

I just checked my car and cant belive I dont have fold down seats, I never knew this, my old quattro had them, this is a real bummer, i never even gave it a second thought when I bought it lol

[ QUOTE ]
ronny said:
I just checked my car and cant belive I dont have fold down seats, I never knew this, my old quattro had them, this is a real bummer, i never even gave it a second thought when I bought it lol

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an option! I think it was about £280. We were lucky that they change the spec otherwise we'd have had to add a proper centre seatbelt and head-rest.

Audi do take the proverbial with their options. But then BMW and Merc are the same. We had a Bora before the A4. Electric rear windows, DIS, folding seats, boot power socket, rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirror . . . these were all standard fitment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My split folding rear seat with third head rest and three point belt was an £380 option it was £280 with out third head rest and lap belt. My car was delayed because there was some problem with the seat and luggage pack as joint options or so they told me.Audi UK told me at the time that you could not have anchor points in the boot on a saloon version this was only avaible on avant models,even when I told them the loan car was fitted with them which was a 2 month old demo they said they must have been retro fitted.

Our saloon has the tie down hooks on the boot floor. That's how it came from the factory and we didn't order the luggage pack or whatever it's called.

Could you take a piccy of the hooks in your boot so I can take it to my local dealer and say "I want 4 of those please".

thanks
John

G4JSG, sorry, just logged on. I'll take a picture tonight and post it.

scoTTy, thanks for posting the P/Ns. I got my hooks last night from Wayside in MK. £9.50 and 5 minutes to fit.

Thanks for this invaluable info guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got all the bits from Audi Northampton at the weekend, and have fitted the tie downs. Bit difficult to cut the trim because of the limited accessibility, but once the holes have been cut, the bolt holes can be seen and the tie downs simply bolted in. Only takes around 30 minutes with a good knife.

I got a net from VAGParts and it only cost £38 instead of around £100 for an A4 net from an Audi dealer.

Just got the fit the hooks into the roof of the boot now.

Does anyone have the part number of the anchor points that fit into the floor of the boot?

I can't find them anywhere. :search: