Salesman left an email, giving a big OK for 6th Feb collection.

boggysv

Reaction score
But told me my reg plate is ***. What is this? some sort of child joke?

I'm clueless on how to deal with this, ask them to change it? is it too late?

Live with it and hope the awkwardness wears out?

I was never too keen on personalised plates, but it certainly seems attractive now.

Its not funny is it.

heheheheheehehehehe

Only joking though.

MO08ASS
MA08ASS
YO08ASS
BL08ASS
FL08ASS
XX08ASS
BA08ASS

What is the rest?

Indeed - give them a call and do your best to change it.
Unless it is K155 ***!

Alternatively private plate is an option - can get one for £250 upwards.

Surely its an issue the dealer has dealt with before, as you won't be the only one they've ***'ed before.

Good luck!:salute:

Can I ask why you're not waiting for an '08 plate? (1st March)
I'm not, because it's a lease car and I'll be putting a private plate on.
But you're evidently a private buyer who intends keeping the plate that comes with it.
So isn't going for '57 just three weeks before '08 a bit short-sighted?

bowfer said:
Can I ask why you're not waiting for an '08 plate? (1st March)
I'm not, because it's a lease car and I'll be putting a private plate on.
But you're evidently a private buyer who intends keeping the plate that comes with it.
So isn't going for '57 just three weeks before '08 a bit short-sighted?

I'll be taking the car home (abroad) with me when my stint here in the UK is over, so I'm not too concerned with the plate year. They'll be looking at the reg date and not the plate anyways at the docks.

I guess living with the *** plate for a few months cant be *that* bad.

I had a choice of about 50 [lates from the dealers.

Its plain licence for your mates to take the pi$$ if you leave it as is. "Asswagon", "Assmobile", or asS3. Get it changed mate!

I take it you'll be changing its plate abroad if you can't get it changed.

I was told the registrations are done online with the DVLA these days, the number you get is pulled from the database. So no more dealer lists to choose from.

Called dealer, he said he would check with the prep center if there's any chance of changing without affecting the delivery date, but he reckons it'd be hard.

Maybe I'll just live with it for a while. When I finally do export the car, this reg might be worth something? else I'll just have a really cool registration plate as souvenir.

*talked to a few friends about it, they reckon even if I dont mind, i should get it changed as it might be offensive for others, what do you guys think?

Offensive for others - to be honest, who cares? The DVLA sanction the plate so it is legal etc.

Its whether its offensive to you is the key, which, given it led to you starting a post on here (and the content of your first post clearly conveys offence of what they've done) it clearly is.

Don't let the dealer change your mind, which given half a chance they will do. Generally speaking the dealer will do the least hassle thing for them & the way fwd which gets you to part with your cash quickest.

Maybe you should live with it a while - I'd say no, because if it was acceptable then you wouldnt have posted that first post in the way you did.

hahahahah thats pretty funny... though I can see you'd be ******.

I would be.

Id get it changed, or private plate it. Although in your case, if your going abroad (home) I guess your plate will be changed then?... so you may as well... 'sit on it' HAHAHAH

sorry... cant help myself... ;)

My baby arrived!!!!
The drive back across london during the evening isnt my idea of the perfect first drive, but at least the revs are not being held constant.

Better pictures in a few days.

* a question, I didnt get the "euro-plate". What's the difference between the plain white ones, and the europlate with the blue column on the left?

Why blank the plate?

No one will want to use it or copy it, trust me!:)

Why couldnt you get it changed?

I can't beleive you plate ends in ***, is it a peronal one, or is that what came supplied

Oh, nice looking car by the way

Oli.H said:
I can't beleive you plate ends in ***, is it a peronal one, or is that what came supplied

Oh, nice looking car by the way

Thanks.
not personalised, plain bad luck i guess.

Them boys at dvla must be laughing.

N8KOW said:
Oh well, why did you get a RED S3?! Odd colour choice :sorry: for that car....
Originally wanted white or sprint blue. The way things are going now, it seems white is going to be overplayed.

Black is a big no no, for temperature, cleaning (hard work to make a black car show its best) , and superstitous reasons.

Had silver on the previous car.

In the end,it's a tie between orange,blue and red. During my testdrive, I saw a red A3 outside the dealers under sunlight, and made up my mind .

Gf says I'm too boring sometimes, and my closet looks monochromatic, so this is actually quite a weird decision from me.

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/gallery2.php?mode=album&album=/Audi/A3-S3/S3 (A5)/S3 - AU
I'm liking it!

white isnt gonna be over played.. well I wouldnt have thought so over here anyway... people still feel its a hard colour to control.

Id have gone for Solar Orange myself if I was a) 20 something and b) had bigger balls. I love the colour, its a bit mad. (IMHO)

I'd never go red myself, on account of my football alligience, but the pics look great.

Id have had the silver/white leather in mine if I didnt have kids who might crawl oll over them... so just went black. :)

boggysv said:
Originally wanted white or sprint blue. The way things are going now, it seems white is going to be overplayed.

Black is a big no no, for temperature, cleaning (hard work to make a black car show its best) , and superstitous reasons.

Had silver on the previous car.

In the end,it's a tie between orange,blue and red. During my testdrive, I saw a red A3 outside the dealers under sunlight, and made up my mind .

Gf says I'm too boring sometimes, and my closet looks monochromatic, so this is actually quite a weird decision from me.

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/gallery2.php?mode=album&album=/Audi/A3-S3/S3%20(A5)/S3%20-%20AU
I'm liking it!

Fair enough boggsy, I was just wondering why you chose red. It depends what car it is, and I want out of the car to pick the colour. If I had the money/situation etc to have bought an S3, I'd pick black. Black 19"s, tints, optics, Black RS4 Brakes, make it 380bhp and have it the stealth mobile so when I would see an evo at the lights I'd :asskicking:

But otherwise the grey is quite nice, silver doesn't do the S3 justice yellow/orange is abit :puke2: imo. But at least you picked an S3 :applaus: and your happy :rockwoot:

Fair play :hi:

N8KOW said:
Oh well, why did you get a RED S3?! Odd colour choice :sorry: for that car....

Odd statement !! Red is stunning would have gone for red myself had my 20TQ not been red. Gorgeous !!!

Mark