Sainsburys Super or not?

keendean

Reaction score
Atm moment my S3 is completly standard and I live near Sainsburys, the super unleaded they sell is only 2p more a litre, so I may as well use this even though the car is std?

Esp when I get it mapped they will map to the constraints of the fuel, I can't face Optimax after 3 Subarus I spent a bomb on it.

Either way the 97 Ron has to be better than the 95 Ron, I heard this fuel is Bp Ultimnate without the additives?

Has anyone a chipped car that is running S-burys super? Any probs?

Remap time is in June /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Opinions~?

I use this a fair bit aint to bad not same as optimax but im doing alot of miles at the moment and moneys a tad short but try to get optimax when possible.

There's also the Tesco Super @99 ron containing 5% bio fuel.

I've started alternating Tesco Super with Optimax or Ultimate.

put ultimate in once and it ran lack a bag of spanners.

I use optimax all the time...If i ever have to use anything else i put in as much as i need to get me where im going and no more! My car is also very uneconomical on other fuel!!

On a standard car, i'd not be too fussy, and 97 will do

Rich

I use Optimax wherever possible. There's a big difference how the car runs over BP Ultimate. Can't find Tesco 99RON near me.

I've got a standard car and it's Optimax all the way for me...and I've used tesco's 99 ron. Optimax just seems to make the car so much more responsive!

Heard tescos is not that great either,stick with optimax.

can a b p

don`t know but a fish can fart ive seem the bubbles

I'm using Tesco 99 ron currently, as the forecourt is 100 yards from my office.
Unfortunately as its a new car can't really give you a comparison, but the MPS is known to be sensitive to fuel and there is certainly no problem.

I have tried a number of fuels including optimax and I find Sainsburys as good as any of them. Apparently it is the same as BP Ultimate. I got my car mapped to suit 97 as my nearest Shell is well out of my way. Jabbasport reckoned they could have got another few horses out of my car on Optimax but that Sainsburys 97 wasn't far off.