1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAI removal

AVLO Jan 10, 2014

1. AVLO

AVLO Active Member

Hi guys I was thinking of having a bash at removing my secondary air injection this afternoon. My question is other than the blanking plate do I need anything else? Car is a year 2000 s3 apy. (I also have tools haha)

Thanks

matt

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Have you read through the how-to in the FAQs?

<tuffty/>

AVLO likes this.
  3. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

I didn't need anything else (other than what you've already mentioned) from when mine was removed tbh.

I think it's the later cars/engines that may need a resistor but on my APY it was fine without one IIRC.

ps good luck- make sure you have tin of elbow grease ready as chances are everything's seized up under there

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Need to do mine, I have the blanking plate, just need a free afternoon to do it!

5. CMcKenzie

CMcKenzie It's supposed to do that..

You'll have to let me know how you get on with it Matt, this is something else on the list as long as my arm of things to do!

AVLO and mark_S3 like this.
  6. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Jojo... I think you will need a free week to fit all the parts you have amassed

AVLO and jojo like this.
  7. AVLO

AVLO Active Member

Cheers for the info guys and I did look into the faq's but just double checking I don't need anything else other than the blanking plate? Its a good job that I looked for my blanking plate before I started undoing bits as it turns out I cant find it :-( however I will look around the house and hopefully get round to doing it on sunday.

Thanks for the advice anyway fellas

matt

8. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Matt its easy mate. Just make sure you have some coolant and like I said be careful the temp sender housing is ok.

9. Tim_Attard

Tim_Attard Active Member

i used some resistors on mine but not sure if it was essential