1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saggy Door Adjustment

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Von Maximo, May 27, 2010.

1. Von Maximo

Von Maximo The Damned

Hi,

Anyone know how to adjust the doors as mine have sagged a bit over the years.

Oh and please no cowboys saying "Stick a jack under door and lift"

Thanks in advance!
  2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

i keep meaning to look into this myself. I reckon the hinges will need shims.
  3. wickyianr1

wickyianr1 Member

did mine a couple of months ago you need 2 of you really i just undid the lock what the door shuts to there is quite a bit of play and you can move it in all directions got it all lined up nicely.forgot to mention not the hinge end the other
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  4. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

it depends on where the sag has occurred tbh more often than no the chrome hinge on the pillar just needs lifting but if not that its a case of adjusting the hinges, that being said most body shops will just do it primitivley though maybe not usng a jack
  5. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Think I'll bump this thread LOL

Anybody managed to lift the height of their doors?
  6. Farhan

Farhan Active Member

Second this kufu! anyone able to shed some light my doors have sat down a little from what i have noticed. I also have creaking sounds from them over rough roads.

Iv used Krytox (Du Pont) lubricant on the seals it does help but doesnt last long before the noise comes back. Certain its because the doors need realigning and then lubricating.
  7. Ports

Ports Member

My driver door has done the same thing. i might have a go this weekend and put some info up if it goes well. lol