Safe Running Boost Pressure For 2.0TDI Hybrid Turbo

Lance-22

A3TDI
Reaction score
Hi guys, ive finally got round to having the hybrid turbo fitted to my 2.0 TDI A3, i have also had a turbo back Milltek exhaust system and BMC CDA filter fitted so going to have a custom map put on to finish the performance off and maximise my gains.
The garage that are going to do the map have said they need to know the maximum boost pressure of the turbo when doing the map, i understand that not all hybrid turbos are the same but imagine for the 2.0tdi most 'off the shelf' ones will be very similar.
I know there are a few people on here with hybrid turbos on the 2.0tdi engine and wondered if anyone knew the answer? As i expect most people will have had their car remapped after fitting the hybrid turbo.
Many Thanks

Would it not be best to ask the turbo manufacturer what the maximum boost pressure should be for your engine ?

Sorry for not getting you an answer, but i certainly wouldnt be using someone to map my car that 1: Dosnt know the boost pressure themselves, 2: makes the customer find out for them and most importantly 3: is not able to find a safe pressure while mapping with regards to being able to see when the turbo starts to struggle etc through the air and fuel ratios or however they usually do it

Im sure a competent mapper could quickly find out if he had pushed the turbo over the boost it could handle in just the readings they get back from the car? Could they not... Id be looking for somewhere else for the map rather then the max boost pressure

Sorry for not getting you an answer, but i certainly wouldnt be using someone to map my car that 1: Dosnt know the boost pressure themselves, 2: makes the customer find out for them and most importantly 3: is not able to find a safe pressure while mapping with regards to being able to see when the turbo starts to struggle etc through the air and fuel ratios or however they usually do it

Im sure a competent mapper could quickly find out if he had pushed the turbo over the boost it could handle in just the readings they get back from the car? Could they not... Id be looking for somewhere else for the map rather then the max boost pressure

DITTO !!!!!

will depend on what hyrbid you have? Most good hybrids can run 1.8bar for max efficiency. Did they people you bright it from not give any technical info about the turbo? what compressor wheel does it have? Have a look at the compressor map

Listen to your tuner, they know what they're talking about.