Sad day....

brassic_lint

Reaction score
Today is a sad day, I am selling my A3 and replacing it with a Renault Laguna Estate....:bye:

My wife and I had a little girl 3 weeks ago and have come to realise that the A3 Sportback we bought to cope with a child is just not big enough day to day... We do a couple of trips to the continent a year 5-6 trips London - Devon, 2-3 trips London - North Wales every year and it's just not big enough to be comfortable.

I know a lot of you guys transport kids in Sportbacks and I wonder how you manage :ermm:, our buggy doesn't fit in the boot without popping off the wheels, and when it's in there it takes up the entire floor and shopping has to go on top of it or be crushed by it! The car seat fits behind the passenger seat, but means that my wife sits with her knees against the dash in the front, and she cannot fit in her preferred position behind me!

So with great sadness I defect to the French side......

I understand that there may not be enough room in a Sportback, but FRENCH?! :shrug:

Sorry to hear you are selling the A3. I hope you have more luck with the Laguna than my mate. If its the card key type be careful with them as they break VERY easy. And they are an arm and a leg to replace from Renault....Do a search for renault key cards and you will see what i mean. Good luck anyway mate and congrats on the little one

Thanks guys. Yes FRENCH! I got a fantastic deal on one and it means that I will have no debts as it is being bought with the equity from the Audi. It is one with the keycards, but it has 2 new ones so should be OK!

Sorry to hear about this. But congratz on the little one :) Instead of French stay German A4 Avant ;) Sorted!

I did actually want an A4 avant, but couldn't find a decent diesel for under £3k! In fact very slim pickings for diesel estates under £3k!

I was really surprised, I thought I'd find loads of decent 1.9TDI A4 Avants for £1,500 +

Is it to do with this sCRAPpage scheme that people are just trading in anything worth less that £2k???

I had a French Pig 406 coupe and everything went wrong with that ! and not just little things ! Both radiators, 3 sets of coil caps ! (18) a complete new engine management system, 2 engine mounts, exhaust and all by 28k miles...I sold it the week the guarantee ran out and brought my A3. Sad to say the A3 reliability is better...but not by much ..as i contemplate putting it back into Audi's again for the 4th time this year..and still only 36k miles.

Thanks guys. Yes FRENCH! I got a fantastic deal on one and it means that I will have no debts as it is being bought with the equity from the Audi. It is one with the keycards, but it has 2 new ones so should be OK!

Sounds like you will be better off then no debt and bought straight out! My girl friend had those keycards in her hate it me. But then she went from that to a micra:uhm: now a mini cooper. Good luck aswell

Sounds like you will be better off then no debt and bought straight out! My girl friend had those keycards in her hate it me. But then she went from that to a micra:uhm: now a mini cooper. Good luck aswell

Nothing wrong with Micra's Ash LOL. The missus has had one for the last 2 years. Apart from the fact i can run faster than it goes the cars been fantastic.

Nothing wrong with Micra's Ash LOL. The missus has had one for the last 2 years. Apart from the fact i can run faster than it goes the cars been fantastic.

Martin you do have a point....Expect if you went in my missus old car you understand LOL! Only blew out hot air and the car felt like a sauna 24/7. It was sooo loud. Put the window down and there be some ear piercing noise. You drive it and think a window or door was open where if you go over 50mph for some stange reason air gets in from the back windows and boot. And like you said most people can run faster than the car. But she only paid £1,200 for it on a 53plate one owner 50k was here next door neighbours. Got cash back on it for £2,000;)

When our son was born we had our Sportback, and we'll still have it when he turns 3 years old in a couple of weeks. I agree that the storage space isn't the best (we also had to pop the wheels off the pram to get it in the boot) but the real trick is to take less stuff with you! Good luck with the new car.

I've had good experiences with French cars, but I've done the opposite to you - our baby is on the way and I've *upgraded* in the space stakes by getting an A3!

Each to their own, but my old Clio 197 seemed borderline OK as a baby-mobile; the A3 feels like it has stacks of room. Get a roof box or rationalise!:meeting: