Sad Day for my A3...

hatmeow

Turbo is the only way....
Reaction score
Hello,

Last Saturday I parked at a local underground car park. 2 hrs later, I returned and I found this...

100_3474_resize.jpg

100_3477_resize.jpg

100_3480_resize.jpg

Somehow the glass on my Sky roof broke. There are no traces of things falling off from the celing and the CCTV in the carpark was broken at the time (very unlucky) so nobody knew what happened. The glass could have been broken by itself.

Police came but they could do nothing except make a record. I asked my garage to quote and just the glass itsef costs about US$1000 and it takes at least 3 weeks to get it because no one has this in stock.

Some questions:

1) Can I claim the insurance of the Parking Lot?
2) Can I claim Audi?
3) Anybody have a similar experience?

Thanks!

I think I remember something similar mentioned on audiworld.com some time ago when the open sky first came out in the US. Try asking on there as well, most of the members seem to be from the states.

Isn't it funny how, no matter where you go or where you are. The CCTV is always broken!

Are there any signs of where someone may have hit a certain point on the glass that would suggest someone did this maliciously?

that's mental, what could cause it to go of it's own accord? no idea where you stand legally, think the garage will have disclaimers everywhere saying they take no responsibility liability blah etc

Audi will be only if you can prove it had a fault although some would say if you made enough fuss, threatened to go public etc you might get a result.

have you been able to drive it?

Thanks Guys,

I have not been able to drive it because its pouring rain out here. Yes, the Car Park disclaimers are longer than the Bibile and they have all their rear ends covered.

By the way the glass shattered, there is only one small point of impact and the police said that the chances of a malicious attack is very low.

Guess just bad luck on my part. But Im at least 3 weeks without my ride!!

I just got my S3 front bumper done 2 days before this incident and originally wanted to post some pics here... Guess I will have to wait until this settles!