1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S6V10 - Quick performance upgrade!

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by Gunner Bill, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Gunner Bill

Gunner Bill New Member

[Jan 21, 2013]
    After getting the S6 last year I decided to treat it to some K&N air filters. Duly delivered I went about fitting said filters and was surprised (or perhaps not) to find that despite a recent Audi service that the filters in the vehicle look like they'd not been changed in 5 years.

However it put into stark contrast the benefit of the K&N items as there's a much crisper throttle response and a lovely induction noise now coming from under the bonnet!

S6 owners - CHECK YOUR FILTERS! :w00t:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. The_Golfather

The_Golfather Member

[Oct 11, 2013]
    Surprised replacement K&Ns have added to the noise?

If you've not got one get a Milltek and you'll know what V10 noise is all about!
  4. Stuno1

Stuno1 Member

[Oct 11, 2013]
    Is there much difference in miltek resonated and non resonated sound wise. Want nice burble at idle, roar on acceleration but not headache when cruising!
  5. The_Golfather

The_Golfather Member

[Oct 11, 2013]
    I had a res and it didn't cut it for me. Switched to non-res and never looked back. V10 burble on idle, sounds gorgeous and distinctive when you nail it and on cruise it's fine. Res didn't do it for me but then I like em loud!