1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S6 on 5th gear

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by god_thats_quick, May 8, 2006.

1. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[May 8, 2006]
    I'd just like to say one thing...

IT'S NOT A F/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifING LAMBORGHINI ENGINE!!! GET IT YOU USELESS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[May 8, 2006]
    I only caught the end i didnt see it ...damn! Whens the repeat on?
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 8, 2006]
    midnight tommorrow
  5. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[May 8, 2006]
    Too late for me...record me thinks!
  6. AndyMac

[May 9, 2006]
    You can't watch 5th gear live anyway, way too boring. Apart from the content you've got ad breaks every 10 minutes.
  7. robthehungrymonkey

robthehungrymonkey Member

[May 9, 2006]
    Why Why why can't they make it better?

Why!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif
  8. john2garden

john2garden Gonad

[May 9, 2006]
    It wasnt much of a test was it. What is the point in testing a car at 155mph?? And seeing if the rev limiter works? Hardy a 'in depth' road test was it. What a shower of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif
  9. AndyMac

[May 9, 2006]
    Next week, they'll be checking you can get 5 adults into an RS4, and confirming that the seatbelts work OK. Pathetic. I thought they would have had it derestricted to see how far over 155 they could go, now that would have been interesting, but to just confirm the published specs is a waste of everyones time
  10. john2garden

john2garden Gonad

[May 9, 2006]
    The week after they are testing how quick the windscreen wipers return to the 'off' position after performing a full 'wipe' in intermittant mode. This will be performed on a Bugatti Veyron.
    And the time will be confirmed by Norris McWhirter formally of the BBC programme 'Record Breakers'
  11. AndyMac

[May 9, 2006]
    Excellent, this post is much more entertaining than the program
  12. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

[May 10, 2006]
    The program has sooooo much potential.

I like Jason Plato (funny in the Zonda), I can go along with Tiff, even used to like VBH when she was a writer for Max Power (I was young and drove a Nova). They have a nice little test track to take the cars around, but the show is just guff.
  13. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[May 10, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    The program has sooooo much potential.

I like Jason Plato (funny in the Zonda), I can go along with Tiff, even used to like VBH when she was a writer for Max Power (I was young and drove a Nova). They have a nice little test track to take the cars around, but the show is just guff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totaly agree with chriS3, its got the potential to be a great show ,dare i say it even better than top gear!!!!!!! yet week after week it gets it soooooooooooooooooooo wrong! 2 EX racing drivers and a nice bit of totty who loves cars! (and can drive) this should say success wrote all over it ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  14. AndyMac

[May 10, 2006]
    Apart from the strange content, there's just no chemistry between the presenters, they all just do their own thing and hardly even appear together and when they do it's all so scripted. Top Gear works so well because the 3 guys are all very different to each other but you just get the feeling they'd be doing the show even if their were no camera's rolling.
    I mean cutting the top off an Espace doesn't actually sound that promising, but it was hysterical because of the presenters. If 5th gear had done the same piece we'd all be moaning that it was pointless & a total waste of time.
    I wish they'd just cancel the show then VBH would be free to be a guest on TG.
  15. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[May 10, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Apart from the strange content, there's just no chemistry between the presenters, they all just do their own thing and hardly even appear together and when they do it's all so scripted. Top Gear works so well because the 3 guys are all very different to each other but you just get the feeling they'd be doing the show even if their were no camera's rolling.
    I mean cutting the top off an Espace doesn't actually sound that promising, but it was hysterical because of the presenters. If 5th gear had done the same piece we'd all be moaning that it was pointless & a total waste of time.
    I wish they'd just cancel the show then VBH would be free to be a guest on TG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather have the mad german female who out drove JC at the ring! (sebina schmitt????????????)
  16. AndyMac

[May 11, 2006]
    Well yes, but there's nothing stopping them having her on again, and they haven't bothered.
  17. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[May 11, 2006]
    I think Sabine is a top lass, however I'm not sure she makes that good a presenter, as has been said the fack they have tiff, plato and VBH should make it a GREAT show but it's just not right, for example Top Gear go for the cheap as chips and funny as hell lap times in the same cheapo car and use a bit of metal and some magnets to record the times. 5th gear go off and get a plasma screen and a computer and make the whole event into a total ball ache and loose all the fun aspect of it.

I think they just need someone with vision to lead the show - I'd do it for 100k a year! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif