1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S6 Grill Problems

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by claytow, May 1, 2008.

1. claytow

claytow Member

[May 1, 2008]
    Hi,

Having major troubles and I wonder if anyone can help. I have a 2000 W reg S6 and whilst cleaning it I noticed that the front and rear badges were losing their redness, the laquer had come off and so was the paint. (the large one in the picture is my new rear one)
    Went to Audi, they ordered one it turns out its the wrong one. Its the black backround S6 rather than the one I have.
    Pictures here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guys sent pictures off to Audi, they were really helpful actually only to have them tell me that they've discontinued my badge! Got a new rear one from Ebay which looks pretty good but cant find this one anywhere.

The parts guy at Audi is trying to find a part number so he can see if any other Audi dealers across the network have one but cant as the badge hasnt got one on it. Anyone know how I might be able to find this out? or where I might get a replacement badge?

I would change to the later black backround S6 badges but fron and rear are £10 each and if you can believe it the steering wheel one is £20!

Any help greatly appreciated, hope ive explained myself well enough

Thanks
  2. claytow

claytow Member

[May 12, 2008]
    Well.. bottom line is cant find one anywhere!!
    Frustration!
    Looks like ill have to go with newer style front badge, remove the back badge and live with the different steering wheel badge.
    Ho hum..
    Thanks for looking but I guess this one beat everyone..