S5 Sportback Ordered

CraigI

Reaction score
Was originally going to order a SQ5 plus for the wife, but switched that order to a S5 Sportback Black Edition after finding an amazing deal was available through our local dealer.
Run out is definitely the time to buy a car!
Going for Volcano Red with the 20" wheels.

Looking forward to getting it. Should be here late Jan.
I won't want to drive my S3 much though!!!

Good stuff! Get it jotted out with any other goodies?

Hoping to collect my S5 in a few weeks

Folding mirrors and that's it.
Was going to spec the diff and damping, but it's the wife's car and she doesn't even know what they are, so little point.

Yea folding mirrors and the paint were originally my only extras until I realised the BE S5 didn't come with Nav as standard so begrudgingly added the tech pack for nav and reversing camera....stupid Audi...!

Congrats. Been tracking my S5 order online and was also originally due for early Jan build, but that came forward to 9th Nov - car is now in Assembly and I'm getting very excited!!
69b5a65f027ca55377db8fbe33164f37.jpg

Was originally going to order a SQ5 plus for the wife, but switched that order to a S5 Sportback Black Edition after finding an amazing deal was available through our local dealer.
Run out is definitely the time to buy a car!
Going for Volcano Red with the 20" wheels.

Looking forward to getting it. Should be here late Jan.
I won't want to drive my S3 much though!!!

Ha ha nice one and quick swerve there to get back in the S5 club :sunglasses:

Hope you got your Dealer to swipe that loyalty card :grinning:

I predict that S3 of yours days are well & truly numbered now though :laughing:

Reactions: Scottyg
Craig

I have an S5 Sportback AWE exhaust system for sale if you are interested

SB

Sportba5k, how much are you looking for?

How long till its your car and the S3s the wife's?

Ocassional use of the S5 for me only.
When we tested one before we ordered it actually felt sluggish in comparison to the S3.
Been a while since I had mine, and had two S3's and a RS5 since it.
I guess it's just about adjusting to the supercharged way of life again.

It will have a proper AWD system, which will make it a better drive than the S3, no doubt.
When I do get the keys, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Reactions: Scottyg
Order cancelled due to ever increasing uncertainty in the oil industry.
Gutted as it was a brilliant deal, and a good car, we just don't want to commit to three years of finance just now.
We'll keep the wifes Q5 and see where things are in a year.

The car will be arriving at Aberdeen Audi in the next couple of weeks if anyone wants to jump the factory build queue.

Gutted for you.

Still with an S3 and a Q5 you're not exactly slumming it:hi:

With petrol < £1 litre it's a good time for the S5:racer:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and DrEskimo
Deal back on after a great offer to entice us back in.

Compromise is my S3 is going. Can't say I'm that bothered.
Replacing with a stock A3 Sport hatch 1.4.
Will use the A3 for the daily commute and pinch the S5 from the wife at the weekend.

Went to see it today, should collect next weekend. Love the colour. Wheels will be painted in gunmetal / anthracite early summer.

Reactions: DrSasso and RS5 JON
Not usually a fan of the red...but that is stunning! Congrats!

I love that colour. :hubbahubba:

Already crying out for RS5 black grill, black wing mirrors and side blades.

Great to see its back on.

1.4 A3 though, I think you'll drive with one foot out of the door to scoot along after the S3:sob:.

Enjoy the S5:respekt:

I love that colour. :hubbahubba:

Already crying out for RS5 black grill, black wing mirrors and side blades.

Great to see its back on.

1.4 A3 though, I think you'll drive with one foot out of the door to scoot along after the S3:sob:.

Enjoy the S5:respekt:

It was the same moving from RS5 to S3.
Been a helluva fall from grace...... ha ha.

Your right SP, I'd wrap mirror covers to match anthracite wheels, would look good IMO. :yes:

Each to their own though, OP's motor will look the ******** either way.
JG

Yeah that would be a good option too - I think having them both match would tie the look in well :sunglasses:

Deal back on after a great offer to entice us back in.

Compromise is my S3 is going. Can't say I'm that bothered.
Replacing with a stock A3 Sport hatch 1.4.
Will use the A3 for the daily commute and pinch the S5 from the wife at the weekend.

Went to see it today, should collect next weekend. Love the colour. Wheels will be painted in gunmetal / anthracite early summer.View attachment 77851View attachment 77852
View attachment 77853
@CraigI - Very nice indeedy! :thumbs up:

Well we've got it and the wife is delighted.
Colour really is great, takes on a mean and menacing look at night.
Getting it detailed next week so will have some pics then hopefully.

I've driven it only 12 miles so far, can see me struggling to get my hands on it.
Forgot what a nice place to be the cockpit of the S5 is. Sure the controls aren't anywhere near as fresh as the newer Audi's, but they are all in the right place, simple to use (I prefer them to the new A3 with the flip screen), and the seating position is great. It's a cockpit with the driver in mind.

Still to decide on the wheels. I'm thinking somewhere in between the current bright silver and a gunmetal type colour, don't want to go too dark, but don't like the current brightness. Perhaps a matt dark silver to properly tie in to the mirrors.

I've got my 1.4 to keep me happy........... (nil offence to those that have 1.4's as it will be a good a to b machine). Although the basic Sport became a S-line with comfort pack, so I've got a few extras.

Last edited:
:superman:Nice to see the upgrade to SLine and we all need a bit of comfort in our lives and cars:salute:.

Re those wheels and mirrors what about a colour similar to the rotors? But side blades done as well would look super cool!

Stunning car mate.

Had a good look around for it last wednesday when we collected the wifes A1, but couldnt see any sign of it....

Seriously loved the Sepang RS3 in the showroom tho! But £50k ouch!

Detailed on Thursday, couple of pics.
Dull day, colour looks really dark, but still very good!

Reactions: RS5 JON
Slightly brighter day today, looks like a different colour.

Love that colour

Any more thoughts on the alloys or are you keeping them stock for a while to let them 'settle in' on you?

More importantly how's life without the S3 and driving a 1.4?

Will definitely be getting the wheels (and possibly mirrors) darkened, just need to decide the colour.

A3 is okay actually, my last S3 had no options and the A3 has a few, so that (almost) makes up for the fact that when I put the foot down I often get very little in the way of acceleration...........

Temporary measure hopefully.