1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S5 scuffed underdoor side skirt on kerb! What to do!

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by Scruffy, May 12, 2010.

1. Scruffy

Scruffy Member

[May 12, 2010]
    Hep people,

Just got me a nice new S5 and then went and dry humped it on a kerb. Result was a 3 inch long scrape down my offside side skirt onto the edge of my alloy. No metal work damaged at all so can I just get the skirt replaced and where is best to do it etc? Audi dealer bodyshop are going to quote me in a bit

Thanks all
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 12, 2010]
    Just go get the skirt touched up by a mobile paint correction person, they can make them look as good as new mostly, depends if its a scrap or just a paint mark which wet/dry might get out, but given area I'd just get it touched in as wont be seen mostly.

Kerbcrawling is illegal BTW :undwech:
  4. Scruffy

Scruffy Member

[May 12, 2010]
    It's definately peeled the plastic and is on the edge of the skirt so is quite visible from the side (gone a grey/white in colour!). For a 32k car I'm not sure about just leaving it with a mobile paint guy, would prob rather spend the extra on a sand down and respray on the whole skirt (which is only really a strip of plastic taped to the frame!)
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 12, 2010]
    Mate I've had a few fair priced audis before, all had work & dinks done by guys like these, they will do a proper job, filling, sanding, primed & paint matched anyway possibly involving the whole skirt, just saves you spending hundreds, now does come down to word of mouth with ref to getting a good painter, so ask about mate, plenty out there that do a good job.
  6. Scruffy

Scruffy Member

[May 12, 2010]
    Wicked thanks, don't suppose you know any in the Leeds area!