1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S5 Order Status: <24 hours to go!

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by warren_S5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member

end of the week ....... so car should be built and sat somewhere now ...... it should EXIST !

:blackrs4:

:yahoo:
    DAYTONA500 and Shrek5 like this.
  2. Keef

Keef Member

Is that just a bag or is there a disklok inside??

I actually have one in the garage from many moons ago, I wonder if it will fit....or if I can find the keys!
  3. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's the whole thing. Sold my last one when I got a garage which is annoying. Could only get small, but assured it will fit.

I once went to Birmingham Bull Ring on a shopping trip (from North Oxfordshire), put the lock on and went shopping. Didn't realise I'd picked up the spare key the wife used and when I went to get the car out from the parking bay I was f****d. Got AA out, they couldn't get it off, ended up having to pay petrol money and time for a member of family to drive all the way from Banbury to Birmingham to bring me the keys!

The only upside of that is I saw how well it resisted attack by AA man so they do work. Don't lose the keys or they reckon you'll be replacing your steering wheel by the time they get it off.
    Keef, Snake Pliskin and CHEZ like this.
  4. warren_S5

Right, the final modifications are in the bag pre-collection.

On the back of the extensive discussions with Shrek I've gone and got a 1Gb HDD to store all those uncompressed Audi files that I now have the pleasure of ripping.

IMG_3209.jpg

Then the final piece de resistance is a set of S5 specific Autostyle mats. No image of these yet as they need to be made, but they are a bit like these ones below, but will have silver piping to match the lunar / black seats:

[​IMG]

Once the transmission mount arrives from Cuppa then we're on to the performance modifications (ECU map / gearbox map / pulley / belt / filter / exhaust customisation). I don't foresee many other mods than maybe a set of 20's and that will be it.

I have ordered an OEM rubber boot mat, some Audi pressure check valve caps, and the red AMI iPod cable from Audi catalogue which I'll pick up with the car, but other than general banter updates that's it for the shiny bits and pieces. The box of bits and bobs is looking replete!
    Ash B, AdamZA, Keef and 4 others like this.
  5. DAYTONA500

DAYTONA500 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    Shrek5 and Sandra like this.
  6. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Its bank holiday weekend, Warren will soon find something else for the new car, lol. :) x
    DAYTONA500, Snake Pliskin and Shrek5 like this.
  7. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing

hurry up warren!
    is it not time yet?
    this is like the constipation thread! :doctor:

:drool:
    AdamZA, DAYTONA500 and warren_S5 like this.
  8. warren_S5

I've been banned!

If only, think most of the trinkets I've bought will be out of warranty before car arrives at this rate. How can 4.5 months feel like a year!
    DAYTONA500 and Sandra like this.
  9. Sandra

It such a long wait although iirc Glens (snakes) was around the 6month mark. Just a few more weeks Warren, it may drag in but it will pass. :) x
    Snake Pliskin and Shrek5 like this.
  10. warren_S5

How long till your S3 is due San, can't be far off. Have a great BH weekend love!
    Sandra likes this.
  11. Sandra

October Warren. You have a great weekend also. Try sneak in a little purchase for the car, even if its just some music, lol. :) x
    Snake Pliskin likes this.
  12. Shrek5

Shrek5 Well-Known Member

Sandra all he does is bang on about the wait. Frankly I don't think you can be considered a proper S5 owner unless you've had the six month wait like me and Snake had... ;) :p
  13. Sandra

The wait is part of the process. All good things come to those who wait. Makes you appreciate it more. :) x
    Snake Pliskin and Shrek5 like this.
  14. Snake Pliskin

Ha ha back to waiting discussions :)

Oh the memories !!!

Yeah ... Waiting is all part of the overall experience and we've all been there ... it all becomes a long and distant memory though come pick up day :)

6 months is an endurance though !
    Sandra and Shrek5 like this.
  15. warren_S5

I think it feels longer as I was ready to place the order in October, but I was waiting for a medical 'outcome' until January so it was nearly 3 months before I got the all clear to place the order. Add this to the 4 months since order and I'd say I've joined the waiting club with some to spare! (Although I'll admit it could have been worse).
  16. Shrek5

Shrek5 Well-Known Member

Thing is the first dealer I went to started saying it could have been 9-12 months and after a small wobble I still wanted to place the order! They didn't get the business because they didn't seem interested in taking my money...

Having had the car for a year I would wait that long.
    Snake Pliskin, Sandra and warren_S5 like this.
  17. Snake Pliskin

Concur .....

As much as we dislike the waiting (during the wait) these cars are worth it aren't they and I can say that about each of the 3 Audi's I've had since 2008 ie TT TTS & S5 ... All superb cars.

Warren you are on the last leg now and soon you'll have the keys in your hand will be sitting in that super sport seat driving off the forecourt with a crazeeee smile on your face that the S5 induces oh yeah :)
    Shrek5 and warren_S5 like this.
  18. warren_S5

Just spoken to dealer, car has been built and is at Emden Port (Germany) awaiting loading on to the ship.

Supposedly there were delays in March as Audi UK changed their haulage carrier from some three letter haulage company (ERS?) to Stobarts, and did it right in the middle of the busiest month of deliveries for the year. Supposedly most of the delays have been managed out now and things have stabilised, so it could be anything between 2-3 weeks.

I'm assuming the cars will go to Grimsby Port before being delivery by lorry to each dealer.

Here's a picture of the Emden boat that carts so many of our cars over to our shores - although this is 1 of about 9 in the VAG transport fleet so it may not be this one. (seems like it goes everywhere)

[​IMG]
  19. Shrek5

Shrek5 Well-Known Member

For our neck of the woods I suspect the port will be Sheerness, it was for mine.

From the picture you've posted guess you've heard of the site, but you could always try and guess the ship using MarineTraffic.com...
  20. warren_S5

Good shout, for some reason I'd got it in my thick head Sheerness was in Scotland! God knows why!

I'll have a look and see if I can work out which one.
  21. Shrek5

Shrek5 Well-Known Member

Lol, I thought the same thing, it somehow sounds Scottish doesn't it?
  22. warren_S5

Just checked the listings for ships (and ports expecting arrivals) and it seems they only give information up until a certain date (and not that far into the future). Don't think I can torture myself daily speculating so I'm just going to have to sit it out!
  23. DAYTONA500

For many years I've been tracking on line via various flight tracking websites my new iPhone through every stage of its journey from China to my front door,i guess its easier because of the tracking number and also updated flight numbers.:idea:Maybe one day when you order a new car you are given a tracking number so you can follow every stage of its journey from birth to collection.:kissmyrings:
    Shrek5 likes this.
  24. Shrek5

Shrek5 Well-Known Member

You would have to think it isn't rocket science to provide a client interface for tracking purposes is it? As you say most things can be tracked, if not in real time, well enough that you have a fair idea of what is going on with it. I can understand that for certain things you may not want to be overly explicit on certain details but, ultimately, something that says, build scheduled, in build, built, transport (with key stops) etc wouldn't exactly be much work to achieve!
    DAYTONA500 and warren_S5 like this.
  25. warren_S5

I think the lack of tracking is quite an oversight. A friend recently purchased a house through an agents in Reading and they could track the house sale online, and the car industry is some way advanced of the estate agency industry.

I think there are a lot of opportunities missing (like the option to collect from Germany). We'd have happily paid for this and done the Museum tour, but w@**y dealers probably want to ensure they can bolt on all their overpriced services so would never give up their revenue opportunity to allow this to happen even if they got a kickback payment for it as an option. I would be one of those chumps who'd happily go over and do a road trip back.

My salesman on the whole is really good, a genuine guy who tries to do the absolute best (especially if you're a regular). That said a proactive call giving the occasional status update would be better than me having to badger every now and again, but this isn't uncommon on any of the last 9 new cars we've bought in the last 12 years.

Even the wife started to get excited about the cars arrival when we got the status update yesterday, I think she's looking forward to driving it as much as I am.
    Shrek5 likes this.
  26. Keef

Keef Member

I cant believe they don't have real-time tracking for customers!
    I've read somewhere that VW customer can track orders - the system must already be in place, the technology sure is!
    I've mentioned this to Audi CS on several occasions but falls on deaf ears.

I can see it now Warren, coach picks us up (jolly boys outing style) overnight stay and a few beers in Munich.
    Trip to the factory in the morning then road trip home via the ring - would be great.
  27. Shrek5

Shrek5 Well-Known Member

I know by chance I ended up with the same sales guy as you and that's as I found him, genuine although not necessarily the most proactive with the updates, but anything important/critical was always conveyed in a timely fashion. I certainly plan on going back to him in future as I can settle for that! I think he's slightly older so perhaps comes from a time when people didn't necessarily want instant TweetFace updates about everything all of the time... ;)

Ha! My other half still refuses to drive mine, partly because she doesn't like the the fact it is "too low" and "noisy" (I would never have got the V8 past her) and "faffy" (with respect to the Drive Select options) and, just possibly, I may be a little bit precious about it...
    warren_S5 likes this.
  28. warren_S5

Can you imagine what an experience it would be!

I'd love to do that heading via Trier up to Nurburg for a couple of gentle laps!

I'm at the point in life where to many things that turn up in my life offer 'white good syndrome' (they're good, but they are what they are). To get a differentiated experience I will happily pay for something memorable beyond the product.

Back in 2005 when SEAT were at the height of their touring car success (e.g. mostly behind VXR!), I bought a Cupra R. SEAT were originally offering a tracker when I bought my '53 car, but in line with touring car success they switched it to a motorsport offering. I got:

1) A SEAT Sport coat - not nice granted, but thought was there
    2) A day at Prodrive with SEAT Cupra Championship drivers learning how to drive the cars on track at high speed (their cars not ours) - with Plato / Hines meet and greet
    3) A VIP day at Brands Hatch BTCC with full hopitality for me & the missus

That SEAT event was the best thing VAG group have ever offered me as a freeby. I've sent in 'ideas' to Audi UK and been sent crate of wine / Goodwood Tickets / free Rosemeyer USB memory sticks, but nothing beats the experience of the SEAT day. If I want similar with Audi it's £500 and it's not as good. I'll put up some pics later when I have access, it was a ball!

Photo in car with Luke Hines:
    [​IMG]

In drivers area with JP:
    [​IMG]

The VIP tent:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Ash B, DAYTONA500 and Shrek5 like this.
  29. DAYTONA500

As far as i'm aware you can do a factory collection and tour, google is your friend.
  30. warren_S5

My other half is allowed to drive ours at least 2-3 times a year on journeys that don't involve entering car parks with high kerbs. She pretends she doesn't like fast cars, but I've seen the MPG after she borrows it and something doesn't add up!
    Shrek5 likes this.
  31. warren_S5

I was told by dealer if I purchased via UK dealer I couldn't do it. Only if I purchased car in Europe.
  32. Statler

Statler Old enough to know better

Or perhaps not.... hmmmm... Would you risk this in your brand new car, lol
  33. Shrek5

Shrek5 Well-Known Member

She's allowed! I'm not some chauvinist ogre pig she just flat out refuses to drive it. I insured her on it again this year but seems a bit pointless.

My darling wife is the same, says she's not fussed about speed but I know in previous cars she's driven she'll start mixing it with the lane hoggers etc if they start annoying her... MPG wise though... got to say she beat me hands down in my old A5.
    warren_S5 likes this.
  34. warren_S5

As I've met you I concur!

We have a standing joke that in 2012 she used the car for 4 miles and kerbed both nearside alloys on VF car park kerbs (they are high)!. As the wife doesn't run a car at present due to using VF Ecobus she contributes to car running costs for the free use of the car as she needs. She's happy I buy whatever car I want as long as it won't put her in a ditch at the first sign of inclement weather.

At Goodwood this weekend (Supercar breakfast club) she took a fancy to Masser Gran Turismo S and Jag XF-RS GT, so I've got my work cut out!
    Shrek5 likes this.
  35. Snake Pliskin

ha ha .... the pics above have had me remembering some of the car days I have been on !

They were quite common back in the mid to late 90's but nowadays they are few and far between.

The best one I went on was a Nissan day back in ... mmmm ... around 96 / 97.
    It was when Antony Reid was driving for Nissan in the BTCC and the Primera was a top car.

At the time, they were flogging Primera SRi' and GT's and the experience day was at Donnington Race Circuit.
    There were activities on and off circuit and even road driving on local roads.
    Russ Swift was there doing his thing in a Sunny I think it was.

The best part though was getting to drive the SRi's and GT's on track without any supervision.
    There were marshalls around the track with flags to wave to anyone who was getting reckless but on the whole you were free to rag the cars.
    I remember there being a BIG difference between the SRi and GT so everyone wanted the GT's.
    We had about 2 hours track time in those it was cool.

The day was ended with a pro lap in a GT round the track - that was my 1st experience of track driving at true speed and I loved it although craner curves was quite scary at the time :)

Loads of free food and drink BBQ etc ... ahh those were the days.

Went on Toyota and Vauxhall day which I remember - one at Milbrook, one at Brands.

They are great though, but also NEVER had anything off Audi !

I have been to Palmersport at Bedford Autodrome a few times and that is good fun and they have a good selection of cars.
  36. warren_S5

Update for anyone getting a CQUARTZ detail

Hi Warren,

This is the official line from CarPro:

Further to this previous message sent to all detailers,

To make sure any customers who see the evo ad and ask about the discount
    10% we would ask you to either send them to this link
    Cquartz UK EVO magazine terms

Or explain the terms to them,

The 10% discount applies only to the Cquartz UK upgrade coating, which
    has a minimum pricing of £200 as an upgrade before the 10% discount.

The Carpro UK website will be updated in the next 48 hours to advertise
    the new scheme alongside the EVO ad, and the map page ect will be
    redesigned to improve customer experience and hopefully increase sales
    leads for you.

Thanks
    Craig
    CarPro UK
  37. warren_S5

Hmmmm, the boat Viking Constanza has left Emden and is due in Sheerness at 9pm tonight. This is one of the VAG container ships, so could be on there. It's making its way across the English Channel as we speak. Oh please please please please please!
  38. s3_trev

s3_trev Active Member

Cant wait to see this!
    warren_S5 likes this.
  39. Rich M

Rich M Member

Oh god I hope so too, this is torture now. Possible delivery to dealer by end of week and pickup next week....one could only hope....
  40. warren_S5

Another boats come in from Emden this morning; African Highway....

With the capacity of those two boats (over 500,000 tonnes) you'd have hope one of our cars are on it!