1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S5 Order Status: <24 hours to go!

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by warren_S5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Mar 13, 2014]
    Holy ****, can you imagine waiting six months for that to happen, but then as you say the dealers will likely try and patch up the damage & chance it. I've seen people at the service centre I use who hang off the dealers word like its bond, so the cars will likely still be sold as 'new'
  2. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member

[Mar 14, 2014]
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees that really is bad isn't it and as you say Guys I agree, reckon the Dealers will 'patch up' these 'brand new' cars and the owners will never know their cars have been involved in a shunt before they even get their hands on them.

Ironic too as noted that this happens after months of waiting and on last leg of the journey !
  3. warren_S5

[Mar 20, 2014]
    Update:

Still on for build week 18. This hasn't moved for a month now so it's looking pretty set in stone.

Went to see dealer today as letter came through post for London -Surrey cycle ride in August. I've got a hatch carrier for the S3, but there are less options for the S5 so went to see what they could offer.

Factory tow bar (detachable) is over £600, tow bar bike rack is over £400 (over a grand all in)

Roof bars £200, then 2 bike holders are £132 each (£500 all in).

We had a look at how they fit, and you have to put the roof bar connectors between the window rubbers and the paint :wtf:

Now there are clear markers in the top dot matrix of the rear window as to where the rear bar fits, but on a black edition with its tint this becomes invisible! It also looks like prying roof bars into the roof rubbers may cause them to stretch and bag....

I occasionally take bikes to France so need a solution, but none at the moment look pretty.

To offset this hiccup I spoke to the dealer about a 'Red' collar AMI cable for my MMI and he's chucking one in free with the car (usually £37).

Finally they've agreed to not wash the car before delivery, they will only spray it down with a jet wash and not dry it to get any excess **** off. They've agreed to use my snow foam lance and then rinse it off without drying (I just have to accept it will look a mess when I pick it up)!

On the whole a result, just shame the wait didn't come down by a couple of weeks.
  4. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member

[Mar 20, 2014]
    Warren, any reason you're not thinking about Detail My Car (based in Newbury) for the new car detail? Nick who owns the business is a top bloke, really passionate and has done everything from the basics to Lambos. Whatever you want done I'm sure he could help.
    warren_S5 likes this.
  5. scotty76

[Mar 20, 2014]
    Forgot to say, no connection other than as a happy customer and keen supporter of local business. :)
  6. Snake Pliskin

[Mar 21, 2014]
    Good news the car delivery is still looking to be on schedule and I agree, can't see it changing now and no reason why it shouldn't be on time.
  7. warren_S5

[Mar 21, 2014]
    I wanted the G-Techniq crystal coat, but I'll have a look and see what he offers, thanks for the tip off.
  8. scotty76

[Mar 21, 2014]
    Give him a ring. He's a very flexible bloke. I'm sure he'll sort you out.
  9. Keef

Keef Active Member

[Mar 22, 2014]
    First modification sorted last night; I've always been slightly confused by the choice of the V6T moniker on the side of the car. Whilst the 'T' may be VAG's letter for forced induction of any kind, I think it serves to present more confusion than benefit.

Crewe Audi were selling genuine OEM supercharger badges on fleabay so I bagged a pair for the princely sum of £36 last night so I can remove the side badges as soon as the car arrives (hairdryer and fishing wire at the ready).

Hi Warren, didn't realise you had a thread going on here too!
    I'm glad i'm not the only one buying-up goodies for a car I don't have yet! :)

IMG_1619.jpg

Went old school on the key ring!
    IMG_1621.JPG

And almost got the full set!
    IMG_1622.JPG

Anything to help pass the time!
    warren_S5 likes this.
  10. scotty76

[Mar 24, 2014]
    Out of interest what do you stick the new badges on with? I'm guessing the answer is glue of some kind, but what kind?
  11. Rich M

Rich M Member

[Mar 24, 2014]
    Badges already come prepped with adhesive foam, so its just a peal back off and stick on the car
    scotty76 and warren_S5 like this.
  12. warren_S5

[Mar 24, 2014]
    Nice retro S4 keyring, no such thing for the '5'!

I'm amazed given how busy I am how slow the time is going. Next item if it can be sourced, the missus is trying to find me an 'S5' style PP but they're woefully short on the ground for anything relevant to my name. I wouldn't have one unless it meant something useful so may slip off the radar and be replaced with CAI.
  13. DAYTONA500

DAYTONA500 Well-Known Member

[Mar 24, 2014]
    PP =personal plate ? CAI ?
  14. warren_S5

[Mar 24, 2014]
    That's right chap, and CAI is cold air intake (Revo have a Zircotec ceramic coated heat insulated intake / filter system).
    DAYTONA500 likes this.
  15. warren_S5

[Mar 27, 2014]
    UPDATE

Next items on the list ticked off. A big thanks to Trups at EM Tuning for doing a great repeat customer deal. Wife had said (and I quote), will you get that **** yellow lighting out of the car when it arrives, it looks ten years out of date.

Pack includes:
    front and rear dome lights
    front map lights
    sunvisors lights
    glove box light
    boot light
    front and rear footwell lights
    front puddle lights
    front red door warning lights
    H8 fog lights
    Cree LED reverse lights

S5 style personal plate may also be bagged this weekend, we've ordered a show plate to see if we like it, then if we do we're buying it.

Next H&R Trax spacers...
    Ash B, Snake Pliskin and DAYTONA500 like this.
  16. DAYTONA500

DAYTONA500 Well-Known Member

[Mar 27, 2014]
    Mines wearing S5 ***
    [​IMG]
    Snake Pliskin and warren_S5 like this.
  17. wilsons3

wilsons3 Member

[Mar 27, 2014]
    with regards to the roof bars, they will be the Thule brand i would imagine rebranded for Audi as will the carriers, could get your bars for 180 at Halfords and carriers at £95 each, fitted a lot of sets over the last couple of years and they are perfectly fine touching the bodywork (no damage) when fitted correctly :)
    warren_S5 likes this.
  18. Snake Pliskin

[Mar 28, 2014]

Gotta agree with your wife mate, the 'yellow' glow from the interior lights (and front fogs) is a let down !
    Why the hell the cut corners on these small areas is beyond me.
    At least you are putting all this waiting time to good use.

I am sick of my car looking mucky at the moment.
    Cleaned it sunday morning and in the afternoon it threw it down.
    Water marks all over the car again FFS.

Same story week before !

I am 'hoping' this weekend will be different as the forecast is dry so here's hoping.
    warren_S5 likes this.
  19. warren_S5

[Mar 28, 2014]
    I can't remember a winter like it for weather. I love cold crisp winter mornings with bright sunshine, piercing blue skies and have no issue with cold at all. This year has been a sack of f*****g s**t weather-wise. Grey, rain, wind everything I hate for 6 months.

This winter has made up my mind of one thing, I'm not living in Britain for the rest of my life if this is what the future holds. Car has looked **** as soon as I get it out of the garage. No amount of hours keeps it looking decent for more than 2 minutes. Yesterday night I polished the car then gave it a coat of Blacklight / V07 and this morning I get up and look out the window hoping to carry on where I left off, raining. I'm bored ****less of f*****g rain.

Good news story is Andrew (ABYSS) from DTUK has read the thread and has some TRAX+ spacers which he can sell me second hand so I'm sorting that with him tonight. Glad I posted up now as that's crossed that T, now to dot the 'i' and buy the personal plate this morning. Then that is everything I can possibly do before the car turns up done.

@wilsons3, many thanks for the heads up. Have you tried fitting the Thule to a black edition. The markers on the window become invisible and it's really hard to see where to put the roof bars. My wife is paranoid about scratching the roof as she will have to assist me fiittng them when I go biking / skiing. Did you notice any distortion in the rubbers above the windows when it's done as I don't want to have wind noise for the rest of the cars life!

EDIT: Just seen DAYTONA's plate surround, makes me think I need an Audi Ingolstadt one...... hmmmmm.
  20. Snake Pliskin

[Mar 28, 2014]
    Totally agree !

The thing is - I got my car later than expected last year (November instead of December) so I haven't really had any degree of good weather to speak of at all since the getting the car barring the odd few days.

And like any car, the S5 looks amazing when freshly cleaned ... but I like it to stay that way, it is a pleasure to look at, walk out to it etc looking its best and pretty much from day 1 the weather has meant almost constant marks on the car - especially water marks from rain ..... so annoying !

So yeah, I am pretty much hacked off with it too, so really hope we can have some sustained decent weather now and some good spells of sun.

At least getting your car May, you 'should' be getting it a great time for these reasons.
  21. wilsons3

wilsons3 Member

[Mar 28, 2014]
    Never done a black edition, done a lot of bars that go between the rubbers, never had any problem with flex usually just mould back into position on a range of cars from suzuki altos right up to Audi, BMW, Mercs.
    warren_S5 likes this.
  22. Statler

Statler Old enough to know better

[Mar 31, 2014]
    Hi
    Sorry to butt in on my first post. I've just done a deal on an A5 Sportback Quattro Black Edition and was looking at roof bars this morning.

I've a set of Thule bars for Mrs S's Jaguar X and in an unusual stroke of luck all I need is a foot adapter kit.

So you'll need:
    Your choice of bar : aero or square (go for aero - less noise - ask me how I know...)
    Foot System : 754
    Foot kit : 1571

On the Jag, the foot kit goes between the door seal and the roof, it clamps pretty tight but doesn't leave any marks on the paint due to the shape and the plastic coating. We did a roof box on the car for three weeks last year with no damage.
    The door seals just made their way back into shape after it was removed.

I've to head to Audi today to finalise things so I'll take a look at the windows.

On the delivery front, I'm being quoted end of August for what should be a normal line model.. feeling your pain!

HTH
    Steve
    warren_S5 likes this.
  23. warren_S5

[Mar 31, 2014]
    I've decided I'm going to go for the Thule aero's based on recommendations. It's going to be rare occasions that I use the bars (going on cycling trips or skiing), so probably 2-3 times per year which just doesn't warrant the expense or permanence of a tow bar.

My wife has sorted me out something for either end of the car for my birthday (not going to post it all, but you get the picture!):

[​IMG]

Hopefully I'm in the final parts of negotiating the HR Trax+ spacers unless my price offer has been deemed offensive by the seller!
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Ash B, Snake Pliskin, Inked and 2 others like this.
  24. warren_S5

[Mar 31, 2014]
    Weh-hey! Happy Days.

HR Trax+ 20/25mm Spacers / bolts sale agreed with Andrew at DTUK who had some going spare from his old S4.

Right, that is everything I need ahead of the arrival of the new car, any other planned trinkets can only be done with a car to work on!
    Snake Pliskin and DAYTONA500 like this.
  25. warren_S5

[Mar 31, 2014]
    Bit of spacer action; this little lot will be Parcelforcing it's way to me shortly...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ash B, Snake Pliskin and Inked like this.
  26. Snake Pliskin

[Apr 1, 2014]
    it's all coming together mate ... and the new number plates will be cool too.
    warren_S5 likes this.
  27. warren_S5

[Apr 1, 2014]
    They arrived in the post on Friday, but still not seen sight or sound of the v750 form yet.

Only problem with sorting all this out too quickly is I've now got nothing to fill the 7 week wait!
  28. Snake Pliskin

[Apr 1, 2014]
    Yeah but ...........

we are now in April at least, so you can now say you will SEE / GET your car NEXT MONTH ! :cool:
    DAYTONA500 and warren_S5 like this.
  29. Keef

Keef Active Member

[Apr 1, 2014]
    Nice work Warren

As we are officially in April, not too long to go now!
    You're build week 18 right? same as me - by my reckoning that's wc 28/04/14 so hopefully get the car end of May.
    I must admit I've been looking at private plates myself and have my eye on a good one!

Funny you mention Andrew's S4, I actually looked at that S4 on the Audi site when he got it.

Not really up on mods, but it seems most A5/S5 owners tend to go with spacers but not many A4/S4 guys?

The Revo stuff looks interesting, is it mega bucks? what you thinking on the exhaust??

Your posts are keeping me going - keep up the great work!

Cheers
    Keef
    warren_S5 likes this.
  30. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

[Apr 1, 2014]
    Got this on my q7 and it is great i use it all the time. I do find that depending on speeds and types of road/traffic levels i do change the distance between the middle settings though.
  31. warren_S5

[Apr 1, 2014]
    Oh yes, that's the one. I'd been told it was wk commencing 5th May, but that doesn't mean its right (dealer informed)

I don't normally care for them, but given some of the cocky plates I've had on the last two cars I thought why not. DVLA only hand out what is unlikely to sell from a PP perspective so you can end up with unmemorable / ugly plates!

He changes car so often I didn't realise he'd had one!

It's not cheap; I'm thinking it's going to be in the £2k ball park but I have a spare kidney that has low mileage ;-)

Thanks chap, they're likely to dry up apart from the odd rant as I haven't got much else to buy. Any other posts will be key milestones / dealer updates. Then it's the build thread!
  32. warren_S5

[Apr 1, 2014]
    [​IMG]

Whoops....:whistle2:

Porsche 911 coolant cap to go with the Audi R8 oil cap I've got in storage....
    Ash B, Snake Pliskin and Keef like this.
  33. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

[Apr 2, 2014]
    Warren I always love reading your threads... Such depth dawggg.

Massively looking forward to your S5 "Darth Vader" Build Thread!!
    warren_S5 and Keef like this.
  34. warren_S5

[Apr 2, 2014]
    A little parcel from Trups arrived today:

[​IMG]
    Ash B and Keef like this.
  35. warren_S5

[Apr 2, 2014]
    Cheers bud; this thread is my therapy until the big day, I'm not a patient man so it's weighing heavy!
    scotty76 likes this.
  36. Keef

Keef Active Member

[Apr 2, 2014]
    Gees, that many bulbs aren't LED as standard? this might be something I need to do! :)

Are they just straight swap plug & play??
    Snake Pliskin likes this.
  37. warren_S5

[Apr 2, 2014]
    They are. Most are listed on the back, so there are:

Map lights / dome lights - front & rear / footwell lights - front & rear / glovebox light / boot light / door edge red safety lights.

I also asked Trups to send me reversing lights and H8 fogs as I wanted to test them out.

All should be error free, plug and play.

Seems to be a day for precious things turn up today, I've had the bulb kit, the V750 for my personalised plate, the spacer all turn up in one hit, it's like Christmas!
    Keef likes this.
  38. warren_S5

[Apr 2, 2014]
    I've just had a fellow S5 owner turn up for a coffee break (Shrek / Gareth from A5oC). He's just had the power steering update done on his 2013 car at my local Audi dealers so we caught up, compared notes and I showed him some of my precious things! His estoril blue car was looking mighty fine. Don't think the dealer had washed it!
    Shrek5, Snake Pliskin and Keef like this.
  39. Snake Pliskin

[Apr 2, 2014]
    what power steering update ?

...... and knowing Shrek I would suspect he TOLD the Dealer NOT to wash it :)
    Shrek5 and warren_S5 like this.
  40. warren_S5

[Apr 2, 2014]
    Exactly, no idea. May be worth calling your stealer and quoting your VIN to see if yours is eligible.

Given they are the dealer that originally trounced his paintwork I'd have to hope so!