S5 exhaust flaps & Scandinavian rear lights

G10AYR

Reaction score
Hi guy's,
I get my first Audi in March and I'm looking for ways to personalise it. I've went for an S5 Sportback and it's in the process of being built just now but I'm looking for some info on the exhaust flaps and the Scandinavian rear lights mod.

I've searched through the forums but can't seem to find out whether in the S5 the OBDeleven Pro system can modify the exhaust flaps to keep them open all the time. I know if they are open all the time there could be a droning noise but I quite like the idea of having them open. I know you can have them open if you put the car into Dynamic and the gearbox is Sport mode but don't really fancy driving the car in sport mode all the time.

I was also wondering about the Scandinavian rear light mod? Can that be done through the OBDeleven pro app on the S5?

What else can I do with that OBDeleven system if I end up buying it? I've added a few extras on to the car but not too many. I was just wondering if that system will actually allow you to turn things on that I haven't purchased.

Thanks in advance guys,
George.

Hi George, welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to see your car, you about 15 miles from me, post up some pics when you collect. Enjoy the forum :)

Hi George, welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to see your car, you about 15 miles from me, post up some pics when you collect. Enjoy the forum :)

Thanks Sandra, I'm absolutely buzzing about getting it! I've always fancied an Audi and to get one of the quick ones is a dream come true! I'll get some pictures up as soon as I get it. :)

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks Sandra, I'm absolutely buzzing about getting it! I've always fancied an Audi and to get one of the quick ones is a dream come true! I'll get some pictures up as soon as I get it. :)
You won’t regret having an Audi, fantastic cars to drive and finish quality is good. The wait won’t be long, it’s nearly Feb already

So at the moment I believe the Exhaust valves can only be modified using VCDS not OBD Eleven, but here's a link to all of the current modifications that can be done under OBD Eleven - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-176518.html

They are talking about a Q7, but will still work, and also dependent on your spec of vehicle with what changes you want to make.

So at the moment I believe the Exhaust valves can only be modified using VCDS not OBD Eleven, but here's a link to all of the current modifications that can be done under OBD Eleven - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-176518.html

They are talking about a Q7, but will still work, and also dependent on your spec of vehicle with what changes you want to make.

Fantastic, it looks like having one of these kits can come in quite handy. I just wonder if the exhaust flaps could be done by long coding with one of these cheaper devices? I saw someone else was talking about a device that you can operate via a keyring that either opens, closes or keeps it controlled via drive select which I thought was good but then I noticed the price... £300! It seems quite expensive to keep the exhaust flaps open but it looks like a good piece of kit, just not sure if i could justify £300 to keep them open.

Fingers crossed someone can figure it out using long coding on one of the cheaper pieces of kit, that would save a lot of people a lot of money.

Just checked the Audi website and it says my car is in quality control just now so hopefully won't be long!

Fantastic, it looks like having one of these kits can come in quite handy. I just wonder if the exhaust flaps could be done by long coding with one of these cheaper devices? I saw someone else was talking about a device that you can operate via a keyring that either opens, closes or keeps it controlled via drive select which I thought was good but then I noticed the price... £300! It seems quite expensive to keep the exhaust flaps open but it looks like a good piece of kit, just not sure if i could justify £300 to keep them open.

Fingers crossed someone can figure it out using long coding on one of the cheaper pieces of kit, that would save a lot of people a lot of money.

Just checked the Audi website and it says my car is in quality control just now so hopefully won't be long!

Possibly! and would be the more preferable option for me too. Although I was under my car disconnecting the Actuators within two weeks of getting my S5.

What about Carista? Can that do the exhaust flaps mod? And what are Scandinavian lights?

If the term Scandinavian rear lights means that the rear lights are on with the drl's, then yes carista can activate this.
(well you can on a B8, anyway)

Possibly! and would be the more preferable option for me too. Although I was under my car disconnecting the Actuators within two weeks of getting my S5.

Oh so does that work then? I saw another thread about that but someone said an Audi Tech told them it wouldn't work and would throw up error codes? If it's as easy as that then I'll definitely be getting my hands dirty lol.

What about Carista? Can that do the exhaust flaps mod? And what are Scandinavian lights?

Yeah sorry I seen it called that on another thread. I think that's what it's called in the OBDeleven app. It means that if you activate that when the daytime running lights are on, your rear lights will be on as well as the fronts. Normally it's just the fronts that are on in the UK for some reason.

If the term Scandinavian rear lights means that the rear lights are on with the drl's, then yes carista can activate this.
(well you can on a B8, anyway)

What is Carista? Is that a similar thing to OBDeleven? I've seen OBDeleven Pro on eBay for under £60 but don't know if it's definitely the real deal. Has anyone else bought one from eBay and are they the real thing?

Isn't there an option, rather than Dynamic or Sports, Custom ? Where you can just enable the exhaust sound but leave the rest as standard ?

Isn't there an option, rather than Dynamic or Sports, Custom ? Where you can just enable the exhaust sound but leave the rest as standard ?

Yes in individual but the flaps still do not actuate until 2500rpm has been met.

I ended up picking my new S5 up at midnight on the 1st of March and had an appointment at my local garage at 8am for them to put the car up on the ramp and keep the exhaust flaps permanently open. It cost me £20, the guy didn't want to take anything because it was such an easy job but I gave him £20 anyway. The car sounds amazing!!! Everyone comments on how good it sounds even at 2000 revs it sounds amazing. If I want it back to normal mode I can always take it back in and get them connected again.

I know it's not for everyone and some people like to stay under the radar but I spent a lot of money on a fast car and I want it to sound fast and expensive and it certainly does with the exhaust flaps open. In my opinion it's well worth £20 especially with the prices of these aftermarket units.