S5 Calipers & Carriers

steve123a

Reaction score
I have a set of S5 Calipers for my DTM, does anyone know if they are a straight fit? I have seen on a number of the US forums people have been saying they are identical to the S4 calipers, just wondered if anyone can confirm this. I know the discs have a different center hole, so im going to get a set of S4 345mm discs.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Steve

Not sure about S5 calipers but if they are the same as S4 calipers they should be the same as your DTM has any way all 2.0Ts have the S4 calipers with smaller disks as far as I am aware ?
So in theory all you would need to do is fit the carriers and larger disks from the S4 along with the S4 spring thingy that says S4 and you have S4 brakes.
See discussion on audizine below
ECS b7 S4 rotor conversion

Right change of plan I now have a full S4 set up with correct discs and pads etc, the discs are 345mm and look huge! The discs on my DTM are 320mm drilled, they are ok but as the car has been mapped I find they suffer after some hard driving. Im going to clean up the S4 calipers and paint them black so now have a spare set of calipers if they are the same as the ones on my car.

Right change of plan I now have a full S4 set up with correct discs and pads etc, the discs are 345mm and look huge! The discs on my DTM are 320mm drilled, they are ok but as the car has been mapped I find they suffer after some hard driving. Im going to clean up the S4 calipers and paint them black so now have a spare set of calipers if they are the same as the ones on my car.

You must drive very hard mate as I dont drive slow (mine is mapped also) and have never felt any fade atall. Worth while upgarde might be fast road pads and maybe brake fluid ? EBC I have used redstuff on my last car and although alittle noisy did improve braking performance and reduce fade.

Only really drive it hard on the twisty B roads. Gonna get some uprated fluid either Motul or Castrol SRF and just ordered some HEL brake lines. This should help me stop better! I was looking at ATE blue fluid but there seems to be some issues with people saying it ruins the seals on your clutch cylinders, anyone heard of this?