S4 X-pipe Exhaust Mod

Funny you should say that I did mention maybe the switchable milltek was the answer!! Don't think it will be happening any time soon as got a little one on the way so will have to start looking for pram mods instead

Funny you should say that I did mention maybe the switchable milltek was the answer!! Don't think it will be happening any time soon as got a little one on the way so will have to start looking for pram mods instead

Different topic but we are expecting in dec when is yours due?
Hence trying to get some car bits done first before mrs vetos!
Have the pram on order and purchase pretty much everything else... So you never know!

Yep, that was my thought too, get the exhaust done before our little boy turns up. Official date is October 13th so not long now and really excited. Just coming to the end of a major house renovation so got the pram and car seat but still a few more bits to get.

Incidentally the Maxi Cosi Family Fix isofix base fits fine contrary to it not being officially approved by Audi (they want to sell you their own brand I think for a lot more). Not sure if you already have that sorted?! I also bought a diono seat protector to protect the leather from the base. Works really well:
Amazon product

Congratulations by the way, great Christmas prezzie :icon thumright:

Thanks and congrats to you too...
Re the seat we bought the exact same base but have been looking At how to protect the seats and I think you have answered that cheers

My mrs has a tt-s and we have tried to sell it but think we will prob keep it now and let her use my car on the days she wants to take more than the baby out (ie with her mum) as the tt is fine for baby and driver but not anymore!

We are the same, wife has a 1 series convertible but I'll be the one with the little one most of the time. Other times the wife will use the S4. Don't blame you for keeping the TT, we thought about changing the 1 series but think we will manage. At the end of the day if it becomes a problem you can always swap later. I think when you know you have a good trusted car it's good to hold onto them isn't it. Bet the TT-S is nice!

On another side note, the place I had my exhaust done also does remaps. They reckon they can do a TopGear Tuning remap for £199. Apparently they download the original Audi map, send it off to the TopGear Tuning company who modify the original file and send it back for the technician to upload. They are going to quote me some power gains as they are not listing the B8 S4 on the web site at the mo. This seems very cheap to me so guessing it can't be as well tuned/tested as the likes from MRC etc but never done a remap so not really confident I know enough to comment. Just thought it was worth a mention. Can't help but being skeptical on how well the remap would work and how well the car would drive. Might just be a case of less power gains but still good value for money. If I can get any decent info I'll start another post.

Yeah I agree with you on that, if we can manage then what the hell! Even the pram we ordered fits fine in the tt which suprised us.

I've already had the revo/stasis remap and makes a world of difference.... I think any remap will make a difference as they all say the s4 is de-tuned.
Does sound cheap so worth a go!

It's this or a cat back system boydie. Magrillz wasn't too impressed by it either. I have had a custom cat back a few weeks ago and it sounds brilliant from the outside, but getting too much drone (s-tronic) at motorway speeds. Going to give it a few more weeks to bed in and then get it quietened down a bit more I think... I'm getting a bit old for too much noise now!

It's this or a cat back system boydie. Magrillz wasn't too impressed by it either. I have had a custom cat back a few weeks ago and it sounds brilliant from the outside, but getting too much drone (s-tronic) at motorway speeds. Going to give it a few more weeks to bed in and then get it quietened down a bit more I think... I'm getting a bit old for too much noise now!
That's a shame as sounded great..

I may go custom, leave the centre res in place and go straight back from there.

would love to go for just a box change with the rs6 style ovals.....

Lol, is the drone worth it though when you give it the boot and get that sound? :)

That's why I'm thinking just back boxes change maybe...

It just sounds brilliant, I love the b lip when you change down. I didn't even know it was there on the original exhaust! The drone is settling down too. I don't know. I'll see!

New to the S4, is there any inexpensive mods you can do to the exhaust to get a bit more noise?

You could keep the flap open on the S3
Hi Boydie,

As the others have said I think it's either the pipe mod or go for replacement exhaust as I don't think the s4 has any flaps in the exhaust as standard. I wouldn't recommend the pipe mod personally as it was just way way to loud and the drone unbearable.

Benjie, when I had my x pipe done the guy that fitted it said obviously with the x pipe there was nothing to 'bed in' as such but guessing with your cat back custom system you still have a few silencers to settle in.

Did they fit a centre silencer with the new system?

Reactions: Boydie