1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 Wiper Wash Bottle + Pump

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by tonybolony, Jul 1, 2013.

1. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

As title shows i need a new one as mine is leaking, Can i use one from an A4 or does it have to be S4 specific? as i have seen some from normal A4 same year (1999) and they look same as my S4
  2. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Has to be of the same spec ie facelift or prefacelift as the level sensors work differently in terms of open/closed circuit fir the warning and also you will need one to acomadate headlight washer pump if yours has them, So basically you need one from a A4 w/washers thats pfl or fl depending on your model but some 99's are prefacelift so be careful !!
  3. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

yeah mine has the headlamp washers in it , was an october 98 actually so am guessing a PFL
  4. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Yeah will be a PFL then think you will struggle to find a A4 PFL tank with headlight washers as i dont think they did them !! Only S4's got them !!
  5. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

Are you sure it's the actual tank? The headlight washer pump (the one on the bottom by the horns) is prone to failure. You can replace that (with the bottler in-situ) and it will most likely solve your leak.
  6. jcb

jcb Active Member

I have one from a PFL.
    any use?