1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 vs 3.0tdi (including B9) platform.

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by shab12, Jul 27, 2013.

1. shab12

shab12 New Member

[Jul 27, 2013]
    Hi all, my first post ! I currently drive an 2011 A6 2.0tdi s line multitronic, which, although a great car, I think when I come to change next year, I am thinking about buying (new) a smaller sized car perhaps an S4 or a 3.0tdi A4. I do wish for a bit more power and the reassurance of Quattro.

I have enjoyed the torque offered by the diesel, however the S4 does tick for me different boxes. Have others driven the two vehicles and noticed a difference in real world driving ? Not too concerned about mpg or like for like 0-60 figures. I guess I will have to drive both and see for myself ? Mixed messages on the release of the B9 platform which I would rather go for. Any news on the facelift A4 model ?

My other question is on body kits. Has anyone asked an Audi dealer to add this on to a new car from purchase and be subsequently covered by the warranty. Not referring to the kits available in the accessories brochure but asking Audi to add the kit at the point of purchase before the new car is collected. Anyone have experience of this or familiar ?

Thankyou.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Evan@APR

Evan@APR Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Aug 16, 2013]
    Hi shab!

I've driven both in standard and mapped forms. The 3.0tdi is nice--it's super smooth and if you're looking for a nice touring car, good on motorways and fuel economy, this is you're clear choice. A mapped 3.0tdi is comparable to a standard s4 :) The standard S4 should only be purchased with the intent to upgrade, because there is so much to do to them and they are truly a force to be reckoned with! I hope this helps.
  4. Daggerit

Daggerit Active Member

[Aug 16, 2013]
    On the subject of the 3.0tdi, are you able to map it through the OBD port now like the S4 or is it still an ECU out job?
  5. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 16, 2013]
    Dan its still an ECU out job I believe as haven't heard anything from Shark HQ about it.
  6. Daggerit

Daggerit Active Member

[Aug 16, 2013]
    Annoying... But can Shark do OBD remaps of the new S4's like APR can? Can't imagine that the security is that different so wasn't sure if the same thing could be done across the range. Any deals on DPF deletes and remap for it Mark? Not that I have enough money for it at the minute of course. Lol.
  7. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 16, 2013]
    DPF delete mate no problem but I dont have the tricore software for unlocking yet. It would have to go to HQ.
  8. Daggerit

Daggerit Active Member

[Aug 16, 2013]
    Balls... How long does that take do you know?
  9. Evan@APR

Evan@APR Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Aug 16, 2013]
    Hey Daggerit, no dice on the OBD flash of the 3.0Tdi, it's a different type of ECU and as far as I know, we're one of the only companies offering OBD flashing of the Simos ECUs as found in the S4/S5/etc.
  10. Shadowman

Shadowman Member

[Aug 16, 2013]
    I thought you were running the DTI Tuning box on your A4 Daggerit.......or are you just looking for a different route to the power ?
  11. Daggerit

Daggerit Active Member

[Aug 17, 2013]
    I am and it's great, problem is that you can't use it to map out a DPF, which I'd like to get done eventually. :)
  12. Shadowman

Shadowman Member

13. solaris

solaris Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    Speak to MRC tuning they can directly re-map the Simos ECU