1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 tried to kill me

S4SIMON Jul 30, 2008

1. S4SIMON

S4SIMON New Member

Further to my last post - my S4 broke my head open when I innocently fell over a sleeping bag in a French ferry terminal car park. The rear light clusters are very fragile, I wouldn't recommend anybody diving onto one head first. Lobotomy scar looking very good. If I find out how to post pics you can all see what the result of being beaten around the head with a compact sports saloon does to you.

Was on way home from le Mans Classic, with a tuned TT, (now for sale on Pistonheads, been on 3 days, Scotland, £7650 I think, VERY clean car & pulls very well indeed) 944 S2 and Maserati V8 Gransport (guess who won) - awesome drive, high speed cruising & twisty b roads, big grins all round. Racing very good, classics from 1920s to 1970s, good atmosphere & not as crowded as main race I hear. Lots of Porsches, 911 to 917 & noisy CSLs etc for those who love German stuff.

Very tidy UR 20v on my campsite too.

Trip convinced me to keep my B5 S4 after months of EGT, MAF & perished hose issues. Breaking point was reached and thankfully passed.
    Now I have a shopping list, and I know there may be other stuff on this elsewhere, please bear with me. My TalkTalk home internet is slower than a Trabant so I'm just snatching a few minutes at work.

Anyone with feedback on the following? Would love to hear from you.

Current spec: light remap & Turbo Dynamics DVs.

retrim driver's seat - OEM v expensive
    nice Audi/S gearknob anywhere? red light would be nice.
    H&R springs with OE shocks? Too rattly?
    Wheel refurb. Wicked Wheels any good?
    Rear screen spoiler to cover fragmenting seal. Kamei looks best...
    Intake. CDA? Venom? Like stealth in-box units, not too fussed about making my own heat shield.
    Samco throttle body boot & hose kit?

Cheers guys

2. Fraser

Fraser Member

retrim driver's seat - OEM v expensive - have alook at this thread http://rs246.com/index.php?name=PNp...&start=0&sid=c879388fe864834772823f776b099df4

nice Audi/S gearknob anywhere? red light would be nice. - Vagparts?

H&R springs with OE shocks? Too rattly? - I looked at this and was advised best to save and go for fully matched springs and shocks via the the coilover route

Wheel refurb. Wicked Wheels any good? - a franchise so depends where you are - not always given the best reviews and seem expensive to me.

Rear screen spoiler to cover fragmenting seal. Kamei looks best... - i don't like the rear screen spoilers personally

Intake. CDA? Venom? Like stealth in-box units, not too fussed about making my own heat shield. - can't comment on this

Samco throttle body boot & hose kit? - yep good idea, the bay has them, but at 300 plus is can be quite expensive - some people recommend the Autobahn88 kits - have a search on this - they come in at approx £80 iirc. otherwise if you are going serious a APR bi-pipe @ 250 ish looks a good investment if you are going 350 bhp upwards

cheers
    Matt