1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 tried to kill me

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by S4SIMON, Jul 30, 2008.

1. S4SIMON

S4SIMON New Member

[Jul 30, 2008]
    Further to my last post - my S4 broke my head open when I innocently fell over a sleeping bag in a French ferry terminal car park. The rear light clusters are very fragile, I wouldn't recommend anybody diving onto one head first. Lobotomy scar looking very good. If I find out how to post pics you can all see what the result of being beaten around the head with a compact sports saloon does to you.

Was on way home from le Mans Classic, with a tuned TT, (now for sale on Pistonheads, been on 3 days, Scotland, £7650 I think, VERY clean car & pulls very well indeed) 944 S2 and Maserati V8 Gransport (guess who won) - awesome drive, high speed cruising & twisty b roads, big grins all round. Racing very good, classics from 1920s to 1970s, good atmosphere & not as crowded as main race I hear. Lots of Porsches, 911 to 917 & noisy CSLs etc for those who love German stuff.

Very tidy UR 20v on my campsite too.

Trip convinced me to keep my B5 S4 after months of EGT, MAF & perished hose issues. Breaking point was reached and thankfully passed.
    Now I have a shopping list, and I know there may be other stuff on this elsewhere, please bear with me. My TalkTalk home internet is slower than a Trabant so I'm just snatching a few minutes at work.

Anyone with feedback on the following? Would love to hear from you.

Current spec: light remap & Turbo Dynamics DVs.

retrim driver's seat - OEM v expensive
    nice Audi/S gearknob anywhere? red light would be nice.
    H&R springs with OE shocks? Too rattly?
    Wheel refurb. Wicked Wheels any good?
    Rear screen spoiler to cover fragmenting seal. Kamei looks best...
    Intake. CDA? Venom? Like stealth in-box units, not too fussed about making my own heat shield.
    Samco throttle body boot & hose kit?

Cheers guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Fraser

Fraser Member

[Jul 30, 2008]
    retrim driver's seat - OEM v expensive - have alook at this thread http://rs246.com/index.php?name=PNp...&start=0&sid=c879388fe864834772823f776b099df4

nice Audi/S gearknob anywhere? red light would be nice. - Vagparts?

H&R springs with OE shocks? Too rattly? - I looked at this and was advised best to save and go for fully matched springs and shocks via the the coilover route

Wheel refurb. Wicked Wheels any good? - a franchise so depends where you are - not always given the best reviews and seem expensive to me.

Rear screen spoiler to cover fragmenting seal. Kamei looks best... - i don't like the rear screen spoilers personally

Intake. CDA? Venom? Like stealth in-box units, not too fussed about making my own heat shield. - can't comment on this

Samco throttle body boot & hose kit? - yep good idea, the bay has them, but at 300 plus is can be quite expensive - some people recommend the Autobahn88 kits - have a search on this - they come in at approx £80 iirc. otherwise if you are going serious a APR bi-pipe @ 250 ish looks a good investment if you are going 350 bhp upwards

cheers
    Matt