1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 to M3

p1tse Aug 1, 2014

1. p1tse

p1tse Member

Anyone done this transition or from m3 to s4?

2. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

3. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Yes...... I have and quite recently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put alot of information into the link that "Mike M" has posted above, as this is my first venture with an Audi and been a BMW Driver for many years, most recently an E46 M3 and prior to that with an E39 M5. Also had a string of E46 330i Sports prior to the M5 and M3. I love BMW's, but just need a change. I'll leave you to read my comments and make your own mind up. Keep us informed..........

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  4. p1tse

p1tse Member

whoever buys yours cars are very lucky!

the s4 thread looks amazing and the above m3 looks smart

5. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

6. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Well-Known Member Team Panther Audi RS4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

I made this transition 2 years ago and to keep this short and sweet, there are two things I noticed

1. Hot summer days the M3 is a far better drivers car and is the quickest across country without any doubt, wet days and winter days the S4 is quicker and a less scary.

2. Running costs for the S4 are drastically reduced compared to the M3, every time I had some work done to the M it would be a bill for £1000 min, S4 is almost like running a Mondeo with regards to costs.

I worked for Merc for 3 years and had a C63 AMG for 9 months, now that was different again, I went through 4 rears tyres and 2 fronts in that 9 mths, servicing and running costs were irrelevant as I had it for 9mths.

TheDriver and rbailey88 like this.