1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 Suspension

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by mykaloon, Nov 18, 2006.

1. mykaloon

mykaloon Member

I've got a 1998 A4 Avant 1.8 and was looking at replacing the suspension to lower the ride height a bit and stiffen things up a bit. I can get the stock suspension shocks and springs from a 2001 S4 2.7T (I think it's from a saloon).

My questions are;

1. Would these shocks/springs fit as a straight replacement on my A4?
    2. Would the ride height be any lower?
    3. Would I have to change anything else on my car after I've fitted them (if the answer to 1 is yes!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mykaloon

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

The front shocks will work, but the rear will not as the S4 is QUATTRO, also the springs are meant for a much heavier car so will probably lift it ,rather than lowering it.

There are shock and spring kits available for under £200, probably worth getting a matching kit.

I have some Eibach Pro springs available, but found they didnt lower my SE by much

4. mykaloon

mykaloon Member

Thanks for the info mawhitey - are your Eibach springs for saloon or avant? - or would this matter - was looking at a set of Eibach springs on ebay last week and was tempted.....if you've got the part refs. for the front/rear springs - I'll check the eibach website and may come to a deal to get them off your hands!