S4 Scuff Panels

• Thread starter imported_VaulterTim
  • Start date
I

imported_VaulterTim

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get Scuff panels for an S4?

Part Numbers
8DO 853 491D01C
8DO 853 492D01C

They are the plastic strip that runs along the top of the sill with the aluminium inserts in them.

I'm fitting a set of S4 sideskirts and want to use the original parts that match them instead of cutting the scuff panles on my car (which are different), and in my opinion will be difficult to cut completely straight and won't look very good!

Hope someone can help or point me in the direction of someone else who can.

Needless to say Audi want silly money for them... £73.50 + VAT EACH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim

John,

Thanks for the PM, see reply.

The guy advertising that S4 on e-bay is where I got the skirts from in the first place! Unfortunately he has told me that some numpty who works for him cut through the scuff panels on that S4!

Oh well.

I just didn't realise until we went through it at the body shop that I'd need the scuff panels too. Just thought they were the same parts on all A4's.

Cheers mate

Tim

Tim,
No problem.
If I hear of any more S4's being broken soon I'll let you know.

John

Well, I bit the bullet and bought them from VAG... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Cheaper than the main dealer but not THAT cheap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

At least it should look good when it's finished... hopefully! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They'll be here next week then we can get on with finishing off the bodywork /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

T