1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 questions!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by mattfinn, Aug 15, 2007.

1. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

[Aug 15, 2007]
    Sory if these have been asked/posted a thousand times!
    1) Would the ipod kit work with the stock BOSE tape/cd changer?
    2) Does the Millteck pipe sound nice and meaty? Im looking at taking my future purchase to MRC for the exhaust and remap on the same day and want a nice sounding exhaust.
    3) Would anyone recommend a BRC carbon induction kit? I know these will give little if any gains, I just wanna hear the turbos and wastegates a bit more!
    4) DV's/Wastegates. Does the S4 have both? I knw they have a DV.
    5) Anyone know how I can pass the time until Saturday when I pick my S4 up without going clinically insane?
    Ive tried throwing myself into my work, the 18yr old hottie who lives across the road from me :rockwoot: (hence bad back today) and gettin leathered on Becks, and yet I still wake up throughout the night finding myself making a V6/turbo noise!!! HELP!

Cheers guys, pics to come weekend!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. shineydave

shineydave Member

[Aug 15, 2007]
    1. no idea
    2. the miltek sounds nice to me but some say they can be a bit "droney" for motorway driving, i think it's a matter of personal opinion
    3. i'd leave the induction alone, if it doesn't increase the horsepower, improve the handling or bring me sexual satisfaction i'm not interested
    4. being a V6 with bi turbos they have 2 DV's and 2 wastegates
    5. post some pics of the 18 yr old, it won't help you but we'd sure as hell be grateful
  4. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

[Aug 15, 2007]
    Good answers, doubt she will let me take any snaps though, already in enough trouble as it is haha! !

2 DV's and 2 wastegates, blimmin eck!
  5. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[Aug 16, 2007]
    When you say wastegate, you're not confusing that with a blow-off valve are you?

Every turbo has a wastegate. It allows the exhaust gas to bypass the turbine (otherwise you would always have boost pressure and things would start to go pop!).