S4 or wait for for new model?

That is a very nice looking SQ5!
I was soo tempted by one of those when I was looking last year.
I think it's just a ploy from WBAC, had the same with my wife's focus last month after getting a price. By all accounts they try and find fault or offer last on the appointment
Thanks Keef. They are really nice cars just expensive!
Yeah I have heard they try and find a fault when you actually go in with the vehicle.

[IMG]http: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
In fairness mine's a saloon and I didn't have the chance to check the options sheet but was optimistic mine's held its value.
@scotty76 - I always thought the S4 saloons were worth more. Rarity value I'm told! ;) lol

Reactions: NICK-C
Another thing that is on my mind is how do you go about insurance if anyone wants a test drive? I know most people with their insurance are covered 3rd party but that's not really enough. I called admiral and they said I can add anyone that comes to look and test it onto the policy but it's £22 each time! He said the best thing is to get the person that is testing it to add it to their policy for a day but would people do that? Don't want to put anyone off but also want to be covered just in case.

Another thing that is on my mind is how do you go about insurance if anyone wants a test drive? I know most people with their insurance are covered 3rd party but that's not really enough. I called admiral and they said I can add anyone that comes to look and test it onto the policy but it's £22 each time! He said the best thing is to get the person that is testing it to add it to their policy for a day but would people do that? Don't want to put anyone off but also want to be covered just in case.

This is one of the things that put me off a DIY sale. It just struck me as a bit of a nightmare. I have seen adverts on PistonHeads that say "no test drive unless you have proof of fully comp insurance that covers my car. Otherwise I'll take you out for a drive".

Also, the limit for faster payments is often £20k. How do you transfer more than that in a secure manner to complete the sale?

This is one of the things that put me off a DIY sale. It just struck me as a bit of a nightmare. I have seen adverts on PistonHeads that say "no test drive unless you have proof of fully comp insurance that covers my car. Otherwise I'll take you out for a drive".
Yeah that's why I have always hated selling cars in the past and we normally trade them in. I think I will have to insist on insurance on any potential drive. if it was a few grand I wouldn't be too fussed but 40k is a lot of money.

Reactions: scotty76
Also, the limit for faster payments is often £20k. How do you transfer more than that in a secure manner to complete the sale?
Didn't realise that was the limit but as they would have to pay the finance company most of of it I guess they can do in 2 lots and would have to wait until my plates are sorted anyway.

Didn't realise that was the limit but as they would have to pay the finance company most of of it I guess they can do in 2 lots and would have to wait until my plates are sorted anyway.

It varies by bank so you'd have to check.

£30 saved there then that's good.
Sorry I see what you mean and I didn't realise you could do it online, but that sounds great. I assume I need to do it in 2 stages so first once it's sold to put the plate on retention and get a new plate for the car then once that is sorted amd i get the paperwork I fill in the new keeper details and send off? Not used to this as have previously always had a company car.

It took two days for my new V5 with the non-personal plate on it to come through. So for example, someone sees your car and commits to buying, take a deposit and then do the handover when the new V5 comes through. I admit to wondering what would happen if you did the sale with your current V5 and send that in, it would probably be ok because I can't imagine even the DVLA would design an app that didnt cater for that scenario.

Quick update: Car has been for sale on Autotrader just over a week and had a call today from a prestige car company not too far from me that says he has a potential buyer for my car. At first I thought here we go, but after having a good chat and looking at the cars on their website he seems pretty genuine and the money he is talking isn't too far off what I need so I am going to see him tomorrow afternoon. As he isn't too far I thought it was worth a shot.

Quick update: Car has been for sale on Autotrader just over a week and had a call today from a prestige car company not too far from me that says he has a potential buyer for my car. At first I thought here we go, but after having a good chat and looking at the cars on their website he seems pretty genuine and the money he is talking isn't too far off what I need so I am going to see him tomorrow afternoon. As he isn't too far I thought it was worth a shot.
@NICK-C - Nothing to lose buddy. Good luck & keep us updated

Well took a trip over and he offered me about £750 less than I really wanted. I think I may be able to squeeze a little more to make it about £500 less so I am tempted to do the deal as it's much less hassle than selling privately.
Assuming I can get that all I need is a car for about 3 to 4 months. I doubt Audi will 'lend' me anything until mine is built so can anyone recommend any rental places other than the usual enterprise etc where I can get something cheap from? the idea is get something like a fiesta the Mrs can use and I can use her car for a few months as I am sure that will be the cheapest way.

Would a trip to your local auction be an idea - then 'we buy any shed' it on when your new one turns up ?

Would a trip to your local auction be an idea - then 'we buy any shed' it on when your new one turns up ?
Funnily enough that is pretty much what wife just said and she said she would drive said 'shed' so I can use her car. She's a keeper!

Reactions: StuBill
Nick, when I was in the same position I looked around for the cheapest rental I could find which was £10 per day from 'Practical'. It was one of their promo cars, so had advertising stickers all over, but it was fairly new and reliable.

Nick, when I was in the same position I looked around for the cheapest rental I could find which was £10 per day from 'Practical'. It was one of their promo cars, so had advertising stickers all over, but it was fairly new and reliable.
Thanks Dippy. Will take a look on their website.
However, just seen some potential cars all about £1000 that the Mrs is willing to drive for a few months so may go down that route and then wbac it as stu mentioned that way we will get some of the money back.

@NICK-C have you actually ordered something? I seem to have missed that somewhere in the thread.
No not yet Scotty, I will do as soon as the SQ5 has gone though so spec. I am looking at is:

S5 Sportback Black Edition
Sepang Blue
Tech Pack High
Parking System Advanced
Adaptive Headlights
Convenience Package
Auto dimming & folding mirrors
Storage Package
Audi Drive Select
Damper Control
Audi quattro Sports Differential
Audi Hill Hold Assist
Rear Side Airbags

Also unsure on the seats as I fancy something different to the standard Black leather and have been looking at the two-tone Red/Black or even the Brown/Black. Does anyone have any decent photos to show what it looks like? I don't want the Red too be too Bright and equally wouldn't want the brown to be too much of a Light Brown!

I believe Bluetooth comes as standard on the S4/S5 but does it have voice control too?

Ah S5. Got it. I didn't think there were any S4s left to order which is why I was puzzled. My S4 has bluetooth and voice control (which I tried once, caused much giggling and never used again). The spec page describes it as this:

Bluetooth interface for handsfree mobile phone connectivity. Includes voice control for telephone functions.

I'm sure one of the recent S4 orders the owner was getting red/black. I can't recall who it was. Will see if I can find it later.

Ah S5. Got it. I didn't think there were any S4s left to order which is why I was puzzled. My S4 has bluetooth and voice control (which I tried once, caused much giggling and never used again). The spec page describes it as this:

I'm sure one of the recent S4 orders the owner was getting red/black. I can't recall who it was. Will see if I can find it later.
Sorry yeah was too late for the S4.

thanks for the info on the bluetooth, should be the same as what I have now then. I use it quite a lot but instead of saying call 'work' I have to say call 'walk' or it doesn't get recognised.

@scotty76 @NICK-C I will get some pictures of the seats when i get home later on, I was very nervous about Red/Black but i think they are stunning not too much on your face :)

Reactions: NICK-C and scotty76
I find the voice control quite useful myself.

Yes Dippy I find it useful too, unless you have a 2 year old and/or 5 year old in the back copying what you are saying and confusing poor Betty (that's the official name for the 'voice') :sm4:

Yes I remember. Mine just quietly sit there, staring at their phones!

I'm guessing voice control is the new name for speech dialogue system. It's in my B7, and after experimenting with it for about 48 hours, I thereafter ignored it completely.

@NICK-C Here are the pictures, Sorry they took a few days been a busy weekend :)

:)

Reactions: TheFiftheElement, NICK-C and scotty76
Right car is sold and bonus is I get this month's payment back from Audi finance so all in all finance has been cleared and I have a few months to save a slighly better deposit for the S5.

Just got to decide on the interior now!

Reactions: TheFiftheElement, scotty76 and Keef
Yep great news @NICK-C .. now you have all the fun of spec'ing your new car .. you still set on an S5 sportback?

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Yep great news @NICK-C .. now you have all the fun of spec'ing your new car .. you still set on an S5 sportback?
Thanks, yeah still set on S5 sportback and have basically decided on the spec. just interior choice now.
I had considered the RS3 as it has slightly newer tech etc, but the boot will be too small and it will cost more to run and on finance than the S5 and with that 3.0 SC mmmm.