S4 Oil Filter

s4best4

Reaction score
Hi there

Just in the throws of changing oil and filter on my FL S4 and noticed that the filter I got from Eurocarparts (Mann W930/21 is much fatter than the one already on the car(can't read number but also a mann). Im assuming this is because mine is a 1999 and straddles the two?

Any help for the correct number filter would be vey much appreciated!

Maybe the one on it was wrong?

AFAIK all S4's use the same filter.

W719/30 is the older 1.8T filter which afaik is very slightly taller than the S4 one but quite a bit thinner...

Hmmm interesting. Just checked with Eucraparts and they are sure I have the correct one which backs up what you say.

the one on it does look slightly taller and is quite a bit thinner....

Thanks for your help, Kev

W930/21 is certainly the correct filter for an S4 (and infact all 30v V6 Audi motors)

Maybe previous owner had the smaller one on the shelf so just used it.

yes strange Just got the old one off and the new one fouls on the oil cooler pipe to the engine so wonder if this is the reason for thinner one??

The old one was an 06A 115 561 B if that means anything to you?

it has an oil cooler, but don't know if it's an aftermarket one or not?
Have got filter on, but will have to keep an eye on it as it is touching the pipe clip from the cooler, and obviously don't want it to wear a hole in the filter....

The S4 doesnt have an oil cooler, bar a small water to oil heat exchanger mounted between the filter and engine.

Can you get a pic?

Yes thats what its got Kev, a heat exchanger as you say. its just the pipe from the engine sits right next to the filter. Anyway its on and will monitor it.
Will try and get a pic.

Rob