1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 MPG Question

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Roswell, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Roswell

Roswell Member

Hi,

I'm considering getting rid of the S3 and going for a new S4, but I've been reading some posts over on one of the A5/S5 forums regarding poor MPG on the 3.0 V6 engine......as poor as 9 miles to the gallon!!!!

I'm just wondering what real life MPGs any of you S4 owners are getting at the moment.

Cheers.
  2. auroan

auroan Active Member

9mpg.... yeah foot flat to the floor... I can get 9mpg out of my 2.0TFSIq.

Real world your looking at about 25mpg
  3. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus New Member

Agree completely. I can occasionally get a few more mpg if I'm very careful but about 25mpg is the usual average for me.
  4. Necroscope

Necroscope Member

Yep, approx 25mpg for me too.
  5. Roswell

Roswell Member

Cheers all. I take it Necroscope and Ultramagnus both have S4s as I see Auroan hasn't.

I mean I know what I should be expecting but then those guys with the A5s would have been expecting that too I'm sure.
  6. bcampbell

bcampbell New Member

I'm getting 20mpg (overall). Thats 1800miles and without a computer reset approx 800miles on a dual carrageway and the rest in town, mostly heavy traffic. I had an A4 2.0TFSI Quattro DTM Ed and over about 20k miles I acheived 26mpg. I'm pretty happy with the 6mpg less that I am getting with the V6. The bhp difference is a 113 more on the S4 that the DTM.
  7. ninjajack

ninjajack New Member

My 2010 S4 gets 26.6 mpg on the road averaging almost 70 mph. (That means running 80+ for some periods) Get about 22 around town...Have never been more pleased with an Audi..the new V6 motor is a WINNER. This is with manual trans, sport diff, plus lots of other goodies. Only 1700 miles on the clock as well.
  8. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

Seems like a long time since I last posted,,, but I can confirm that average fuel consumption of the S4 is indeed shite...!! My average since new (9000 miles) is 16.8 Which is actually worse than my old 4.2V8, that managed about 19

Still, I guess fuel economy isn't everything.........