S4 Mods

V8Guzzler

Reaction score
I'm looking for inspiration...

I want to get some mods done, but what to do and which to do first..

Milltek cat back?
Rear drilled / grooved discs?
Re-map?
Air filter or induction?
New rims or refurb?
RNS-e?
DRLs? Do these work with Xenons?
RS4 ARB's?

Any other mods anyone can think of?

TiA guys ...

How about a flat bottom steering wheel? :)

I think it is quite expensive to retrofit a FBSW to the B6 due to the dual stage firing of the newer airbags.

I had AP coils on my V6 4mo Golf, and thought they were very good for the money.
Milltek will sound awesome.
Remap will sort out any flatspots, and generally increase driveability, but don't expect much in the way of a peak performance gain.
RS4 ARB's are supposed to be the nuts on these.
Green Cotton Panel filter, or nothing IMO. Love these, and are a great mod.
BIG fan of the standard S4 wheels, so I would just refurbish them.
BIN THE DRL IDEA. Will make the car look cheap and tacky.
RNSe is a good mod, I wouldn't be doing it to mine because there are better systems out there.
Wouldn't bother with drilled discs. Prone to cracking in my experience. To be honest, its the disc size, and pad quality that make the performance difference here. Just get OEM discs and high quality pads.

Thats a good couple £k though. Will no doubt transform the car, but is unlikely to see much faster "lap times". But its your car, and your money, so if thats what you want, then go for it.

I'm looking for inspiration...

I want to get some mods done, but what to do and which to do first..

Milltek cat back?
Rear drilled / grooved discs?
Re-map?
Air filter or induction?
New rims or refurb?
RNS-e?
DRLs? Do these work with Xenons?
RS4 ARB's?

Any other mods anyone can think of?

TiA guys ...

Personally id get the brakes sorted first and stick on the RS4 ARB...

..then save up and get the following done together;

Milltek cat back?
Remap
Air filter or induction?

Then concentrate on the visuals

Thats how i would do it...personally..:yes:

my personal opinion:milli-deffo but if you can hold out for a used one as they are so expensive.a remap could be beneficial but the brakes and air filter would be pointless. rs4 arb is a good mod and great value compared to the other things although i dont know how much thicker they are than the standard? i wouldnt bother with the drl just not for me im afraid but get your wheels refurbed rather than new rims as these differentiate the s4 from the others and really suit the car...............just my opinion for what its worth!

Thanks gents (and lady) been looking for a 2nd Hand Milltek for months.... Rare has hens teeth... Thought a new filter would compliment the pipe?

Agree with you all in terms of the rims.. Refurb it is.

May wait till rear brakes need replacing makes more sense.

Still unsure on remap given it doesn't really do a great deal.

So keep your eyes peeled for cat back :)

as soon as you see one grab it although as you say they dont come up often. i think however people do tend to keep their original when they change in order to recoup some money and it literally takes a few minutes to change them over. i payed £400 for mine which is still a lot of money for a second hand exhaust but as long as the welds are all ok and it isnt all smashed in you should be fine.it took me nearly a year to find mine and people know how hard they are to come by. the remap should even out the flat spots and is said to improve the economy but at the emount they cost im not entirely convinced.if i was going to change the air filter i would put a panel filter on rather than an induction kit as the emount of heat under the bonnet is too much for you to see any benefit

1. Milltek catback
2. Milltek catback
3. Milltek catback
4. B7 RARB (check it hasn't already been done by the previous owner)
5. RNS-E
6. No rush on anything else

With the clement weather I've got the windows open all the time and the sound of the non-res is immense. A bit extra throttle under bridges; the fizz-pop as you drop down through the gears. Yes!

I've always loved the Impreza burble but this is on another level.

Given this is my daily drive an I can do up to and over 500 miles a week, would a resonated pipe be better than non res? Are they much louder?

Supposedly. I think it might affect the tone too but someone else might know for sure.

I've not heard a resonated one.

It drones a little at a small rev range but the answer is to not sit at that speed.

When I cruise in 4th/5th/6th at 1500-2000 rpm I can't really hear anything.

I don't go on motorways very often so someone else's opinion might be more helpful.

If you don't get another response here, try RS246 or AudiSRS - most people on there have Millteks.

I doubt it. Your S4 exhaust is essentially 2 exhausts no? One for each bank. The TDI will only be one.

Pretty sure they are different?

media.nl

i think you will find that you need a b6 system from either a v6 3.0 or the s4 although i think there is no difference between saloon/avant

Have you considered getting some intake spacers from JHM? They don't cost too much and really help keep the intake manifold alot cooler to the point where you can actually touch it. Also if you can afford not to have to use the car for a week send your ecu to them for tuning, Launch assist is very fun :racer:

As for the miltek catback go for the non res, I had the resonated system first and it was far to quiet for me. It sounded nice but left me wanting for more! like biyitch says there isn't much drone when you are on it just a bit louder when your at WOT. Couple that with a pair of milltek catless downpipes and you'll be setting off car alarms on start up :rock:

As for the brakes if you want to go for pretty you could get some cayenne turbo calipers to go on there. That is what I am thinking of doing when it come time to do new discs and pads

pretty much as XS2 said...

I'd add: remap AFTER the milltek/green cotton filter...

When you do the RNS-E maybe look at the newer SEAT EXEO Media System E and then get some B6 style (non-chromed) dials... it's the same kit, but has a couple of tweaks to bring it up to date, the non-chromed dials will make it look 100% OEM.

Please, ditch the DRL idea unless you're actually after the chav chariot look (some people are :shrug:).

Reactions: keith89
further to my previous: the only real difference between the RNS-E vs Media System E models is that the screen is a better LED screen, rather than the full backlit LCD that we have in most B6's.... and it takes 32Gb SDHC cards rather than being maxed out at 4Gb SD cards (normally that means 2Gb since 4Gb cards are like rocking hrose poop, only mroe expensive).... I bought my 2 x 4Gb Transend cards for <£8 each, incl postage... next tiem I saw them, they were about £25 and not seen any since!!

I've heard mention that the processor / re-calc tiems are slightly faster, but that could jsut be software updates as mine seems to reclac a lot smoother on the 2012 disc compared to the 2008 disc....

Anyone had any experience of Remus exhausts?

Yes

Not on car though they are really big in the bike world

pretty good quality and well built I've had a few bikes with them and can't complain at all and never heard of any quality problems at all

That's one thing I can't help with due to it only on bikes but the quality is there people get good power gains on bikes too