s4 misfire?

chrisadams

Reaction score
purchased a lovely example of an s4 avant in negaro blue in december last year, and its been fantastic despite drinking superunleaded for fun!!

although it has developed a couple of faults since purchase. the more serious of the two is a juddering/misfire that started this morning prompting me to join this forum. Had it diagnosed at a local garage as not firing on cylinder 2 as the audi warrington couldn't look at it until tuesday. Is this the coil? could it be anything else? as i have ordered a replacement for a very reasonable £21 from eurocarparts. audi had none in stock and could only get one for friday!

the second fault says in the manual that its a problem with the self levelling headlights and to take it to a dealer. anyone out there had this problem? it sshows up on the display as a yellow dipped headlight symbol with exclamation mark! any input appreciated

chrisadams

The missfire is more than likely the coil pack as you have already diagnosed. I wouldn't use pattern ones, stick with OEM ones as they as much hardier.

It's possible for someone to plug your car into VAGcom to find the fault on the leveling system, it should then identify the faulty part without the expensive dealer diagnosis

Yeah stick with genuine ones, as cheaper alternatives you'll find replacing more frequently