S4 milltek alternative options

p1tse

Reaction score
Standard exhaust sounds a bit tame
Wouldn't want a full on growl from the non res milltek as I'm led to believe it booms
Something nice at idle, subtle on light throttle, nothing to tick the neighbours off and annoying at cruise but a bit of bark when on the loud pedal

BCS exhausts will be able to sort you out with whatever you need. Nigel is a forum member on here. I would avoid Milltek like the plague.

Milltek cat back system fits very well indeed
And the resonated system will give you the sound your after

Avoid milltek front pipes they have a known fault in that the pre cat is too close to the engine and ends up getting burnt out and blocked

What's the going rate for a cat back resonated milltek or equivalent?

Anything from £750 - £ 950 ish fitted You would need to make a call to get an exact price. Have a look on Milltek's website for an authorised dealer close to you and give them a call.

Anything from £750 - £ 950 ish fitted You would need to make a call to get an exact price. Have a look on Milltek's website for an authorised dealer close to you and give them a call.

What about a bcs exhaust type?
When the car is only worth say £6k spending a best part of £1k on an exhaust is hard to justify

the main restriction is in the pre cat ... if you want the car to growl and produce more grunt this is the place to concentrate

Go custom from a local exhaust place and get a larger pipe that is not too restrictive and not too noisy (silencers/backboxes depending on what's music to your ears).

yes there are a couple of members on here who have removed the rear silencers from the car
you can hear them coming or going from miles around ... great if you want everyone to know you own a v8
unfortunatly you can also hear the same thing inside the car ... it gets very tedious very quickly

you could however modify the pre cats ... release the extra power from the engine and make it growl but only have it be a bit noisier
on tick over

This might sound like a silly question but do diesels (namely 1.9tdi's :laugh:) have pre cats? I know they have normal cats.

no mate
its generally the larger engined vehicles that have to have them to get the emmisions down

One of the best for sound and performance is supposed to be the Fast Intentions exhaust. There's an ex-S4 owner on Audizine selling one called Nillamb.

good exhaust yes but again unfortunatly it drones
a lot of the other manufacturers are based stateside so shipping is very very expensive

after all is said and dodne this is why i like the milltek