1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 Fuel

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Trev241, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Trev241

Trev241 Member

Just wondered how many S4 owners on the forum are running on 95 Ron since the price of fuel has rocketed, I started with V Power and have recently tried 95 (Shell) and must admit I don't really find any difference in performance.
  2. MattW

MattW Reverse

No difference either. I fill up with Super if i can but if i need fuel and a garage doesn't have it i just go with 95.
  3. bcampbell

bcampbell New Member

No difference here either in fact the dealer said as much when I was picking it up.
  4. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

I'm on a tank of 95 at the moment, I think there may be a 'slight' difference,,,, almost imperceptible........ Then again it could be psychological...!!

Or in my case Pathological........??:laugh:
  5. Power_Junkie

Power_Junkie Member

I am trying to use super all the time as i do with both cars, I do find i get more mpg and a bit quicker feel from the car. but i doubt it makes much difference untill re-mapped
  6. bcampbell

bcampbell New Member

1/4 of a tank 34.5 miles Aahhhh

Thats the bad news. The good is that was about a weeks driving

More bad news - That aint going to last
  7. bcampbell

bcampbell New Member

More bad news acheived 8.7mpg on the way into work this morning

More good news - only did 2 miles to work. I get quite excited when I see it going to the dizzy heights of 17.5mpg LOL
  8. Necroscope

Necroscope Member

Dude thats walking distance, and it isnt going to be doing the beast any favours ;)
  9. bcampbell

bcampbell New Member

Yea spot on. I often have to travel away from the office and up until the start of the year I had always driven in (just in case I was called to a meeting) One of the guys in the office said pretty much the same as you and since about mid Jan this year, I have started walking in unless I have a pre-planned meeting that needs me to travel to it.

Also, I went fron a 2.0 T FSI Quattro (DTM Ed) to an S4 and I reckon that with my new regime, I am probablly spending the same on fuel - and I have 2 advantages 1) when I drive I JUST LOVE IT and because I am walking some of the time I am loosing weight and getting fitter Win win !!