1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s4 exhaust.... same mounting as 170 tdi?????

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by outsideline, Jan 19, 2012.

1. outsideline

outsideline Member

as above just fit my new s4 rear valance, now want the quad exit tail pipes to fill the holes.

will the standard s4 back exhaust system fit my car, it is also a quattro. already has an exhaust either side.

cheers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gphilla

gphilla Member

Very much doubt it tbh as the S4's being the twin pipes all the way from manifold and yours being the single

4. outsideline

outsideline Member

they are twin but they are single piped back to the manifold if that makes sence??

i mean its still a single pipe going into each back box just like mine.

5. gphilla

gphilla Member

But with the S4 having the V8 there is 2 pipes running the full length of the system making joining onto your exhaust very difficult as they only place where you the same number of pipes is right at the very back where it would be a cut and weld job and chances are turn out gash

6. outsideline

outsideline Member

if the standard s4 back boxes would hang on my mounts then i can do the rest, i have a good welder at work, once i have alined the tail pipes i will just drop the full system and cut and weld it where i need.

i just cant find out whether those 2 back box mountings at the rear are exact same place as the diesels??? its them what will determin where the tail pipes sit on the valance.

i have been quoted £300 for 2 custom back boxes but sure i can do it cheaper than that.

7. gphilla

gphilla Member

Ah i see then they could quite possibly fit as i had the single exit 2.0tdi 140 replaced with the twin exit 2.0Tfsi exhaust and was a perfect fit so i would say they hangers will be fine for the S4 back boxes as only one place hangers for back boxes can fit