S4 Exhaust down pipe flexi's failed !

Chop.

Reaction score
So i'v finnaly found a rattling iv had for a while and its the flexi on the down pipes from the cats, cars done 81k so i think there just worn but its doing my tits in and sounds awfull !

i'v stuck a wanted add in the classifieds but if anyone is getting an aftermarket set up and happens to have a pair of these lying about i'm very keen to get some ( not paying for new ones as there asking silly money ) or if anyone knows of some cheaper than audis prices id be greatfull for any leads, will collect if within a decent distance and will pay cash obv

So spent this morning blocking the car up ( high enough to get my fat *** under it ) and removing under trays and sub frame below gearbox

Hopefully get pipes off tomorrow and get these flexis cut out

To hell with that! Good on you for doing that yourself. I don't mind doing things like brakes but that looks like a right pita to do.

Reactions: Chop.
Well done mate :)

Bet that was a PITA to do

Got the work gear on now just about to head out for round 2 !

Reactions: rizzini7 and xpoweruk
Well it's done ! Not a job I would recommend unless you've had a bit of experience on the tools

Passenger side wasn't to bad and you can get to all three nuts with a swivel ratchet

Drivers side was a bit tighter for space and the last nut is a mare ! Only way I could get to it was from top with many extensions with a good bit of angle on them, a single hex 12mm socket is a must due to corrosion of the nuts

If anyone needs a write up I'm happy to do one

Now just to order flexis nuts and gaskets

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Nicely done mate.

Not for the faint hearted

So it's official I am a legend !

Flexes welded in place and pipes re fitted

She's now purring like a kitten

No pics as I could not be ***** by the time I welded up both pipes and re fitted, just wanted to close this out

Reactions: 16VG60 and xpoweruk