1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 EGR deletion??????????????????

GeoffDunk Jun 21, 2013

1. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Well-Known Member Team Panther Audi RS4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

I read about everyone blanking or deleting their EGR valve and a fully understand why. Both cleaning and blanking will improve throttle response etc.

The valve is purely to lower new car emissions and after the sale of a new car serves no purpose at all. I have a very experience guy who looks after all my vehicles and he recommends removing them on every vehicle (apart from Renault Legunas as they have an odd type).

I trust his judgement but just wanted to know if anyone has done it to the 4.2 V8 in and S4 and if there is a purpose made kit available?

Cheers for your help in advance.

GeoffD

2. DALE_AVANT

DALE_AVANT Member Audi A4 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group

Does an S4 have an EGR valve?

3. Ian-83

Ian-83 Member

S4's don't have EGR. They only have secondary air injection for cold start.

sammi likes this.
  4. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Well-Known Member Team Panther Audi RS4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

Cheers Ian, that settles that one. The would explain why I can't find and EGR deletion kit etc.

5. rjm180

rjm180 Active Member

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  6. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Sure there is one ony 3.0 v6 petrol too

7. dualmono21

dualmono21 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

s4,s do have an egr valve , if its working leave it well alone , there is no benefit to blanking it off only a load of trouble with emmision codes

8. rjm180

rjm180 Active Member

Ok thanks, I'm not really interested in blanking it off or deleting it, I just wanted to know for sure if the S4 definitely had one or not.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013