S4 door blades

^adam^

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Did they come black as standard?

As mine look like they've been colour coded, but have faded. It looks as they weren't lacquered. Can't really tell from this pic:

2015-06-21%2018.09.13_zpsms7uxskk.jpg

The same goes for the rear valance, were they black from the factory or body coloured?

Anyone got any pics of the above in black on dolphin grey? I think body coloured would look better?

TIA.

They should be body coulor but you could always wrap them in carbon to be different

I saw a few pictures in the B6 sticky showing black, and also a few ads on auto trader with black, mainly silver cars.

I way in which they've dulled in colour looks as though they weren't lacquered. I think I'll remove them and spray them properly, may even get a body shop to do it when I get my front bumper done eventually.

Genuine S4 blades on a genuine S4 will have been black from factory.

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming. As you can see here, mine have faded and look awful.

2016 04 28 065747

What's the deal with the rear valence, would that have been colour coded or black also? Again, very faded, looks like no lacquer.

2016 04 28 065742

As above blades are black on S4. Can't really tell with the pic of bumper but if it's the same as the 1.8t twin exit bumper there is a black stick along the bottom part of it. Check out greeny's S4 as it has a black section along the bottom

Last edited:
S4 door blades are grey from the factory not black and were not usually body colour. Mine are a dark grey and they match the colour of the clocks, the rear bumper insert and the inside of the headlights. That said mine are darker than the ones pictured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dualmono21
Hmmm..... Thanks for the pics.

I don't think black/dark grey looks good on dolphin grey so I think I'll body colour.

Time to get some paint! A quick look suggests the door blades come off easily, is this the case?

And the rear valance?

should be dark grey , not black
same colour as little logos in the front grille

The door blades have little screws in them that you need to remove with the door open, then they just slide off. Also the S4 rear bumper is all one piece.