S4 Door Blades - OEM vs Aftermarket

ESD1711

Reaction score
Been looking in to changing my S-Line door blades for the more aggressive S4 ones.

OEM ones are coming in at £400-£450 a set, whereas there are plentiful supplies of aftermarket ones which can be had for about a quarter of that price.

So.... my question is..... Are the aftermarket ones decent enough? Or is there good argument for sticking with the OEM items??

Who's running aftermarket ones?

Where did you get them? Are there any you'd avoid?

What problems have they given you if any?

Is it the kinda thing you could even spot the difference in when fitted to the car?

Opinions thoughts and personal experiences welcomed please!

Looked into this myself and the clue I found was all the sellers say they need to be fitted by a professional which means they don't fit straight on and will need fettling with. Even seen some that are just a shell that has to be fitted over the top of existing blades:eek:

My advice is stay away from aftermarket unless you're a talented bodyshop employee/owner

I got mine for £200 from Ebay(another mod I've not quite finished), they do pop up occasionally or you can contact guys breaking S4's.

I think they look great, a subtle mod but it depends on what angle you look at the car, in rear 3/4 shots they look quite aggressive. They do look better on some colours compared to others tho, I think they'll look great in black on your motor Erik or even skinned in carbon on a black car.

Majority of people who mock aftermarket parts are OEM freaks, mine are not only aftermarket but also came second hand and have held up perfect (for over a year now).

Looked into this myself and the clue I found was all the sellers say they need to be fitted by a professional which means they don't fit straight on and will need fettling with. Even seen some that are just a shell that has to be fitted over the top of existing blades:eek:

My advice is stay away from aftermarket unless you're a talented bodyshop employee/owner

31414-u-mad-bro-XGop.jpeg

Same screw holes as S4 blades, don't need a qualification to unscrew and screw door blades.

Majority of people who mock aftermarket parts are OEM freaks, mine are not only aftermarket but also came second hand and have held up perfect (for over a year now).

31414-u-mad-bro-XGop.jpeg

Same screw holes as S4 blades, don't need a qualification to unscrew and screw door blades.

Alright blimey no need to get bitchy.

No mocking coming from me. With regards to my comment to professional fitting that is what the sellers I had seen on eBay and alike had quoted. The guy asked for opinions I gave mine you could have just gave yours without mocking me!

Edit: if I was "OEM freak" why would I even bother researching aftermarket?

Allot of people wont admit to having pattern parts/non oem, its a weird world we live in but hey ho! All i can say is i have had pattern parts and have a non oem DTM style spoiler and that fits fine! Allot of the time the only way you find out is by biting the bullet!

If you do choose to do this though i'd be very interested in some feedback about them!

I got mine for £200 from Ebay(another mod I've not quite finished), they do pop up occasionally or you can contact guys breaking S4's.

I think they look great, a subtle mod but it depends on what angle you look at the car, in rear 3/4 shots they look quite aggressive. They do look better on some colours compared to others tho, I think they'll look great in black on your motor Erik or even skinned in carbon on a black car.

Yeah I know a guy who regularly breaks S4's - might give him a wee message and see how much he'd be looking for for a set.