1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 cabriolet installs.

JamesS4cab Aug 12, 2009

1. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Well-Known Member

I have searched high and low for some decent install pics in a B6 cabriolet. I currently have a Bose system and I want some bass for a change. LOTS OF IT!"!

Anyone help please? :ermm:

2. Steve_B

Steve_B Member

3. JamesS4cab

Thats a very useful guide - thanks - may be an option to get something like a bass tube, but i was kinda hoping for earth shattering bass like i used to have. Maybe I am just being greedy and should just appreciate the sound of the V8 thru the Milltek..... :bass:

4. Steve_B

Steve_B Member

Know what you mean about bass, the bose in more of a rounded audiophile sound than bass in your face. You could try and squeeze a brace of 15's in but might be a bit much with the roof down.

If I had a miltek I'd be happy listening to the V8 though it - slightly off topic where is the best\cheapest place to get one from?

cheers

5. JamesS4cab

I picked up my Milltek exhaust from ebay s/h but it was almost new. However when i came to fit it, it transpires it was from a B7 saloon rather than a B6 cabriolet. You may or may not realise the amount of stress this would cause......... :banghead: However, after a lot of effort, I now have quad pipes on a B^. :yum:

I am going to investigate the install this weekend, as I am a reasonably compitent installer, but its just the amount of space between the roof basket thingy and the floor.

I looove boom boom bass!! :music:

6. thejoose

thejoose Member

If your after boom boom bass buy a new car

bass and salon cars are a bad combination - its like playing bass in a sealed metal box

the only thing to do is build a sub enclosure thats ported through the ski hatch, but thats gonna take alot of time and money to get right