1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 Cab. Will AmD be doing the same package?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by 18ME, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. 18ME
    Offline

    18ME Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2003
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    I took Listers AmD'd S4 Avant out for a little play yesterday and I was pretty impressed, but I am contemplating the new S4 cab as it should hold its value better. Will AmD be doing the same package ie, remap and exhaust system or will the cab be a different? Also how much does this conversion cost without wheels?

    Wando?
    #1
  2. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    18ME said:
    I took Listers AmD'd S4 Avant out for a little play yesterday and I was pretty impressed, but I am contemplating the new S4 cab as it should hold its value better. Will AmD be doing the same package ie, remap and exhaust system or will the cab be a different? Also how much does this conversion cost without wheels?

    Wando?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    What do you mean without the wheels?

    I wouldnt have thought it would be different... only way is if the roof area take up too much space so they have to redesign the back end... but i doubt it.

    remap and exhaust gives circa 400bhp, for £1350 +vat

    Rich

    #2
  3. 18ME
    Offline

    18ME Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2003
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think Listers sell theirs as a package inc 19" Sportec wheels, and I understand they charge around £5k for the pack.
    Obviously I would rather have the car then take it to AmD unless it were cheaper through Listers.
    #3
  4. 18ME
    Offline

    18ME Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2003
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just looked on AmD's site and it answers my question on the pricing point, but why do Listers charge so much for it? Maybe they will warranty the car if you buy the upgrade through them but not if you have the work done yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

    They did want £45k for their black demo (as they have got another one in ready to be done) but said that I could have it for £42k. Still sounds pretty steep as it's not dripping in extras.
    #4
  5. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    18ME said:
    Just looked on AmD's site and it answers my question on the pricing point, but why do Listers charge so much for it? Maybe they will warranty the car if you buy the upgrade through them but not if you have the work done yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

    They did want £45k for their black demo (as they have got another one in ready to be done) but said that I could have it for £42k. Still sounds pretty steep as it's not dripping in extras.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    5K does sound a little excessive! But depends on which conversion they do... if its the £2700 one, and then the sportecs on top of that, then they are not muaking muc on it!

    Rich
    #5
  6. 18ME
    Offline

    18ME Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2003
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    I suppose you are right, it's probably £2000+ for the wheels. Who sells the wheels? I can't find them on AmD's site.
    Anyway I think I'll wait for the S4 cab then take it to AmD...I wonder what the difference is between stage 2 and 3, would the sports cats and the rest of the system make it sound a lot better or just give a few extra ponies.

    Apparently the stage 3 still doesn't sound as meaty as the standard RS6. My brother had to pdi a customers car with the stage 3 kit and when it came out of the garage you couldn't hear it over the sound of the RS6 according to the customer who's S4 it was. I've not driven an RS6 so I can't comment myself, but is it that the RS6 has a very different exhaust system?
    #6
  7. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    18ME said:
    I suppose you are right, it's probably £2000+ for the wheels. Who sells the wheels? I can't find them on AmD's site.
    Anyway I think I'll wait for the S4 cab then take it to AmD...I wonder what the difference is between stage 2 and 3, would the sports cats and the rest of the system make it sound a lot better or just give a few extra ponies.

    Apparently the stage 3 still doesn't sound as meaty as the standard RS6. My brother had to pdi a customers car with the stage 3 kit and when it came out of the garage you couldn't hear it over the sound of the RS6 according to the customer who's S4 it was. I've not driven an RS6 so I can't comment myself, but is it that the RS6 has a very different exhaust system?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    AmD are the UK importer for Sportec, so i assume its all done at the same time.

    I think its probably a completely different system to the RS6 due to the turbos. RS6 will be much more free flowing.

    Rich
    #7
  8. danksy
    Offline

    danksy Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    75
    Likes Received:
    0
    Any pics?
    #8
  9. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    18ME said:
    I must admit the Sportec's do suit the avant and saloon but I'm not sure on the cab, but I'll have the remap and exhaust done first and then decide.
    Cheers

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sportecs suit any car IMO, they are engineering masterpieces! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    #9

Share This Page