1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 brakes onto tdi ?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by audilad9, Jul 30, 2013.

1. audilad9

audilad9 Member

[Jul 30, 2013]
    Hi all, I bet this has been mentioned before on here but I don't see it and its urgent.

I want to fit B6 S4 front brakes to my 1.9 tdi. My main question is do the B6 S4 caliper carriers bolt straight on in place of originals ? Are there any clearance issues requiring spacers ?
    I assume I can use either my original hoses or the S4 ones, I would like stainless braided ones.
    Is there any gain in using the S4 master cylinder/servo if even possible ?
    Lastly, my ABS seems to want to cut in unnecessarily, could this be clogged teeth on the CV ABS ring ?
    Many thanks.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 31, 2013]
    Im pretty sure all suspension uprights are the same on the B6, so in my opinion, yes - they should bolt straight on.

The S4 calipers I purchased for my 2.5 came with the hoses from the S4, these connected straight to the union in the wheel arch.
    I would fit S4 brake lines due to different positioning, the standard brake hose may fit, but may not necessarily be long enough.etc

I didnt touch the servo / master cylinder - but the difference compared to the standard brakes was night and day!

In regards to the ABS, its most likely a sensor - if you use VCDS, it should show you which one.
    audilad9 likes this.
  4. audilad9

audilad9 Member

[Jul 31, 2013]
    Thanks Alex that's the answer I was hoping for. I assume you have used S4 carriers ? I will buy the S4 setup now. Its at to good a price not to.
    With the ABS, I sort of ruled out a sensor as I thought the light would come on which it doesent, just that I can feel the ABS begin to pulse under moderate braking when it definitely should not. Unfortunately I don't have VCDS yet anyway. Must invest !
  5. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

[Jul 31, 2013]
    I've just had my rear brake pads and discs replaced as they had seized. The mechanic was saying it can cause the abs to come on slightly due to them being seized and basically getting confused? I felt a slight vibration/ judder through my pedal which does seem to have gone now.
  6. audilad9

audilad9 Member

[Aug 1, 2013]