S4 Brake Upgrade

I'm doing the ECS disks, Mintek red pads and 5.1 fluid next week at AMD...subject to the price which hopefully I get today.

I have to get something done as yesterday at Snetterton I finished off the pads (and disks!!!) in the morning sessions.

I just hate that sound of metal on metal!!

Good lad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Which kit are you going for Scotty?

Tim

No calipers, just the ECS OE 2 part slotted disks and pads as above.

Although I do a few track days etc I just can't justify spending £2.5-3k on brakes. I'll just put it towards my next car.

ScoTTy,

Out of curiousity how much are AMd in ball park terms looking to charge you for what you are asking for? I think I'll probably go the same way you do for how infrequently I go to track days, new disks and pads.

Woud also be interested to know if you notice considerable difference from the outset in feel and retardation.

My rear pads have 50% so they're not changing so the list is :

front disks
rear disks
front pads
installation for front and rear
replacement of fluid with 5.1

I haven't got a price yet but I reckon about £1100-1200 of which the disks are about £800ish plus VAT

I'll post my findings once fitted. One things for sure. They can't be worsed than my metal on metal current setup!

Are AMD getting your disks for you or are you sourcing them separately and AMD fitting? I was also curious to know their labour charge and anticipated time for fitting.

I think a call to them in the morning might be in order.

When are you due to have the change over done?

I was originally speaking to JBR and then found out they didn't do fitting. I spoke with AMD who are now talking to JBR to do the whole job. I think AMD said the pads were £100-150 and the labour would be around £200 but as I said I'm waiting to here the full final price and the date next week when it will be done.