s4 b5 weird thing happened

smoking_bob

Reaction score
hi all,

so on the drive down to see the folks the car started hunting. sitting st a set of lights she revd up to just over 1000rpm and then dropped down and almost cut out. it only again a few miles later.the traffic was fairly heavy. after that it was fine but then a few miles later the dash beeped at me. not fuel or water. ran the self check and all was fine. no errors on the dash. happened again a few miles later. after that I pulled in and again the self test was fine. visual check under the hood and all looked good. once I hit the motorway she flew no problems at all. all fluids are good. will the ecu log why she beeped?

any ideas. she is going for a service at the end of the month. but am weary no of driving her. don't think its mechanical. maybe eletrical. any thoughts much appricated

The things the dash beeps for arent typically things that would get logged as fault codes.

Was it a single beep or three?

single beep. about 10 mins apart

what sort of things would beep but not get logged

Bob

Single beep is usually for non-important warnings, like fuel level, screenwash etc.

The other thing it could have been is the speed limiter. You can set a speed on the dash and the car will beep if you exceed it?

None of those would be logged anywhere, as they're not faults, just things you need to be aware of.