1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 Anti Roll Bar Knock

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Vorsprung_Durch_Technik, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Vorsprung_Durch_Technik

Vorsprung_Durch_Technik New Member

[Jan 15, 2008]
    Hi Guys

I have a slight knock comming from what i think is the Anti roll bar links on my 2003 S4.

I have tried to research this and I believe it to be a fairly common thing. It only does it on full lock, and only from time to time. there is no play in any of the bushes though

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any info greatly apprectiated.

Stuart:hubbahubba:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. Bong Water

Bong Water In two minds

[Jan 16, 2008]
    Usually means a perished drop link bush doesnt it? Mine is on its way out and the mechanic told me to expect it to knock on corners and bumps after my MOT was done but wasnt enough to fail MOT. Think it was £45 + VAT on my 1.8T Quattro A4
  4. Vorsprung_Durch_Technik

[Jan 16, 2008]
    thats just the thing though, Ive had a look and none of them appear to be perished or worn. had the car up in the air and there is no movement in any of the bushes. admittedly it will behave differently when the weight of the car is on the suspension, but i even listened to the joints with a mech. stethoscope and could hear nothing. Really got me bamboozled this one. Thanks for the info tho, much appreciated :)
  5. Vorsprung_Durch_Technik

[Jan 16, 2008]