1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 Alloy refurb - Proclean in Prescot - North West

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Fraser, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Fraser

Fraser Member

[Mar 6, 2007]
    Got my S4 alloys refurbed at Proclean in Prescot

They did a very nice job and I think you will agree they look like new...

They also did the plastic caps to match up for nothing, as well as knocked a bit of cash off for being 4 days longer than they said due to a machine breakdown. Total cost for 5 alloys and caps before discount was £175 inc VAT (cash only) including balancing and refit of tyres. (£35 a wheel basically)

Anyway, I would recommend them. They said they do a lot of RS4 refurbs as well as many different types of wheel. The lads on the shop floor will also stop and have a good chat and it does seem they enjoy the job.

Here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. curley

curley Member

[Mar 6, 2007]
    Had 2 wheels done at Proclean last December, only rims not full wheels.
    All i can say is take care when you wash your wheels as i found the clear coating was coming away after about 3 weeks. They look a bit of a mess at the moment, i'll have to go somewhere else to have them done again.
    DO NOT POWER WASH THEM!!! Hope yours are better finished than mine.
    I will take a pic in the morning.
  4. Fraser

Fraser Member

[Mar 6, 2007]
    sounds a bit concerning!

i did quite a bit of reading up and a family member had also recommended them...

there are always good and bad - would be interested to see the pics
  5. 46TheDoctor

46TheDoctor Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

[Mar 24, 2007]
    I used proclean last year on some BBS BMW alloys, which had a diamond cut rim, after 4 weeks the laquer was coming off on my sponge, i returned and they said they had warned me this would happen (which they didnt cos i would not have had them done otherwise), anyway i opted to have them mirror polished which looked good but you had to keep on top of em. Anyway to summise i think they made a proper ******** of the job!!! My mate also took some motorbike wheels there to pe painted poly black, had tyres refitted and used em up, when the tyre place came to replace the tyres the sticky wheel weights were removed as well as huge strips of paint back to bear metal:moa:
  6. SilvaBiker

SilvaBiker New Member

[Jan 10, 2008]
    I know this is an old post but as people looking to use this company will be taking the advice of the above, I thought I would update it......

DO NOT USE PRO CLEAN

As near as I can gather the business has been taken over and the employees have left, the quality of work being produced is so abysmal it is unbelievable. If you want the old Pro-Clean standard of service you will have to use national alloys in Widnes as thats where the workers are

nationalalloys(dot)co(dot)uk